12 Favorite Reads of 2012: Day 2

by - Friday, December 21, 2012

For my choice on  DAY 2 of our favorite reads of 2012 I am featuring the most recent book to leave me speechless...Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
Add to Goodreads        Buy: Nook/Kindle
"Live. If you mix the letters up in the words like and love, you get live. You can use that word."


Colleen draws you in and keeps you suspended through the whole story. Sky and Holder had chemistry that was amazing. Their connection is electric. Their pasts are mysteries that unfold throughout the book. There is drama. There is pulling away and pulling towards each other. There are secrets and hidden truths. Through it all, their relationship slowly builds to a good place. And when they are happy, it is so sweet.


 

"It's killing me baby because I don't want you to go another day without knowing how I feel about you. And I'm not ready to tell you I'm in love with you, because I'm not. Not yet. But whatever this is I'm feeling--it's so much more than just like. It's so much more. And for the past few weeks I've been trying to figure it out. I've been trying to figure out why there isn't some other word to describe it. I want to tell you exactly how I feel but there isn't a single goddamned word in the entire dictionary that can describe this point between liking you and loving you, but I need that word. I need it because I need you to hear me say it."


Kim's Rating:    
6 out of 5 Stars      
We both love Colleen Hoover's writing style and Slammed and Point of Retreat are also 2 of our very fave reads. I just read them this year, and Tammy re-read them with me.  Will and Layken's story is so sweet and heartfelt. 

See our full reviews of these 2 amazing books: 

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. I've read Hopeless and I loved it! BUT...that Goodreads blurb isn't Hopeless. It does look like a book I'd like to read though. What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind. I found it! It's Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines. Love her and can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for pointing this out Kathryn! I let Kim know to update it..:) We both loved Abbi's book. I haven't read Hopeless yet, but I can't wait too! Tammy

    ReplyDelete