12 Favorite Reads of 2012: Day 4

by - Sunday, December 23, 2012

Everyone who knows me knows that I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE Kellan fan! I highly recommend these books to anyone who will listen and have gained a few extra Kellan fans, haven't I Kim..:) I dragged Kim in and convinced her to give this bad boy a shot and she is now a Kellan fan too! If you have not read our resident bad boy rock star than what are ya waiting for? 

DAY 4:
My second pick and my second all time favorite of this year is the
Thoughtless Series by S. C. Stephens.
Add to Goodreads        Buy: Nook/Kindle

“How do we do that? This is what we do…back and forth, back and forth. You want me, you want him. You love me, you love him. You like me, you hate me, you want me, you don’t want me, you love me…you leave me.”

“There were so many secrets between us now, it was hard remembering a time when things had been simple & easy, when it had felt like pure puppy love. I suppose all love eventually comes back down to earth.”

Tammy's Rating:
     Kim's Rating:
5 out of 5 Stars       4 out of 5 Stars






Add to Goodreads        Buy: Nook/Kindle

“But, if for some reason we're not closer, if something has gotten between us, please, I'm begging you…don't give up on me. Stay. Stay with me. Work it out with me. Just don't leave me…please.”

“I love you more. I love you enough to let you go and live your dream." I tilted my head and shrugged. "Don't you see....? I love you more."

He smiled softly and I brushed some hair off his forehead. Running the backs of my fingers down his cheek, I whispered, "And, yes, I will miss you, more than you could possibly imagine, but I know that you have to do this Kellan. And you know it too."

Stubbornly he shook his head. "No, I know that I have to be with you. Everything else is just .... details.”



Tammy's Rating:
     Kim's Rating:
6 out of 5 Stars       5 out of 5 Stars
When I read Kiera and Kellan I had not been reviewing  books, so unfortunately again I can't give you a review on this officially, but I can leave ya with some of my thoughts!  Just keep in mind this was another series I devoured with in 24 hours.  Kellan is a player, a hot naughty rock star who has a hard time committing. Women are his playground and he has yet to find one that isn't charmed by his gorgeous body and sexy personality.  He is my ultimate book boyfriend! To be 22 again.

Thoughtless was a hard book for me, I REALLY HATED Kiera. I rated this a 5 star read because of her.  I am not one to shy away from love triangles, I actually love the drama and angst that comes with them but Kiera was just unbelievable in this book. It was so plain to see that Kellan was so in love with her and that she just continued to hurt him at every fricken turn.  It broke my heart to listen to him spill his heart out while tears ran down his face, just for her to break him one more time. Kellan was not innocent by far and he did some very questionable things, but in his defense he tried his hardest to be the man she needed him to be.  These two just can't get their crap together. She is dating Kellan's friend Denny, Kellan is in love with her, and Kiera, well Kiera can't decide between the boy she thinks she should be with and the one she was meant to be with.

Effortless  made up for all of the turmoil and angst in the first book! This one made it to my 6 star read list! Kiera completely redeems herself. I was proud of our girl and finally felt like she was deserving of the hero. Their story continues with more ups and downs, shocks and surprises and we learn more about the relationships of the band members. More drama, more angst, more Kellan, Denny and Kiera! Not too mention we get to see Kellan and his ultra sweet side. 
“I love you more. I love you enough to let you go and live your dream." I tilted my head and shrugged. "Don't you see....? I love you more.
Stubbornly he shook his head. "No, I know that I have to be with you. Everything else is just .... details.”

You May Also Like

0 comments