Fight With Me: Kristen Proby

by - Friday, January 04, 2013

Add to Goodreads        Buy: Nook/KindleJules Montgomery is too busy and content with her life to worry about a man, especially one Nate McKenna. If growing up with four brothers has taught her anything, she knows to stay away from sexy men with tattoos and motorcycles. That goes double if he's your boss. During the one incredible night they shared, he violated the no fraternization policy...among other things, and it won't happen again. Jules won't risk her career for mind-blowing sex, no matter how much her body and her damn heart keep arguing with her. 

Nate McKenna could give a shit about the no fraternizing policy. He wants Jules and he'll have her. The rules could bend around them, or be damned. He's not a man to be taken lightly, and Jules Montgomery is about to find out just how he responds to being pushed aside after the best night of sex he's ever had. She can fight all she wants, but he'll have her in his bed in the end.

FIGHT WITH ME is the second novel in the With Me In Seattle Series.

Kim's Rating:
3.5 out of 5 Stars

Kim's Review:

"You're my happy place, baby." 

I really loved Nate and Jules...

Nate was hot, bossy, loving, completely devoted, fun, and totally swoon worthy. 

He's so much more than I ever realized. He's the controlled business man, the playful bad-boy, and he's just so...sweet.

"...Who knew that under those conservative suits was a rough, tattoed, pierced fighter? It's f**king hot!"

Jules is feisty, smart, independent, funny, and sweet. But she has a hard time getting used to being in a real relationship and tends to be impulsive. 

"I'd rather we didn't do it over the phone. I need to see your face...Because you're too good at trying to hide what you're feeling behind that badass persona of yours, but your eyes don't lie."

They were a great couple. They had sparks, chemistry, accepted each other and laughed together. 

I know he's a strong intelligent man, and that he wants to protect me and care for me but I've always been so fiercely independent. I forget that I'm no longer a "me" and part of a "we".

I think Kristen Proby does a great job with developing her characters. However, I have to say that no matter how much I loved his couple, that I had some issues with the book itself. It seemed longer than it needed to be for what drama there was. And it seemed like it was mostly continual sex with a side of plot. I do not mind good chemistry and hot sex in a book at all...that makes things interesting. But when it is one sex scene after another, I get bored. 

I enjoyed seeing Luke, Natalie, and Jules' family from Come Away With Me in this book. And I have seen enough of the other characters that I find myself wanting to read their stories in the upcoming planned books.

You May Also Like

0 comments