Every Which Way: Calia Read

by - Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Add to Goodreads        Buy: Nook/Kindle

Severine Blake has seen far too many friends taken down in the crossfires of dating. She devises a precise course of action to protect her heart. The plan is working very well...until she meets Thayer and Macsen.
When the Sloan brothers come into her life, nothing is the same.

Thayer is self-possessed, arrogant and used to getting what he wants. Being near him leaves Severine unsteady and shaken. He makes her question everything.
Macsen contradicts his brother in every way. His calm personality captivates her. Severine is drawn to him instantly.
But Severine quickly discovers that when you want something, that want can turn wicked. Giving in is not always easy, especially when your heart refuses to give up the fight.

What little illusion of love Severine has is soon destroyed. Every option is broken, and the protection she has built around her heart instantly crumbles.

There's just no right way with the Sloan brothers.
Tammy's Rating:
4.5 out of 5 Stars

Tammy's Review: 

"Severine was a greedy, selfish person. She wanted everything."

Yes she was. Very much so. I adored Severine though. She was quite the smart ass and reminded me of myself when I was her age. She met two guys, brothers. Two totally different personalities. The one she truly loved scared the living day lights out of her and the other she felt was a safer choice. Neither brother was as he seemed. Her decision was not easy. Her selfishness leads to heartache and false promises and actions.
 

“She sketched this moment into her mind, because nothing could be so perfect. Nothing could stay right, and last.”

These three were a hot mess. There were so many insecurities, betrayals, half-truths and secrets kept that it was as if everyone was walking around with their head in a cloud. Feelings were ignored and hidden, jealousy was a huge FACTOR in this trio (as was lack of communication), someone was always running or chasing, and bad decisions were made. The tension and chemistry between them worked though. The bad blood between the two brothers mixed in with her attitude made for some interesting moments. "Mistakes" happen, but the problem with that is sorry doesn't always fix the consequences that come along with that poorly made decision.

The only con I found was the first bit of the book was a bit confusing and moved a bit slow for me, but after awhile, I was sucked right in to the drama and characters of Every Which Way.

Every Which Way is one of those stories told that could be described as what you see on the surface isn't always what is underneath. You may be surprised at what you find. Safe isn't always the right choice. Nor is what may be perceived as dangerous always the wrong one. So the safe choice or the dangerous choice? That is the question. Which brother does Severine choose? I rooted for Thayer; I wanted him to get the girl. Is he the right brother for her? I don't know. I just know when they were together I was giggling at their antics. For me they had perfect chemistry, it didn't feel forced and it certainly wasn't safe.

Calia gave us a wicked ending. One that leaves you thinking not everything is as it seems. While there was definitely an HEA, you were also left with tons of questions. There is one particular secondary character that has me intrigued. It's always the quiet ones you have to look out for, and I think in book 2 we will be in for some fun and drama with her. I totally recommend this book. I stayed up till 4:30 reading this book and if book 2 were already in my hands, I would still be up finishing that one. I can't wait for March to get here quickly as I have a feeling there will not be any peace just yet for this trio.

You May Also Like

0 comments