Ravenswood by Christine Zolendz

by - Monday, October 29, 2018



From USA Today Bestseller Christine Zolendz, comes a new, haunting paranormal series.

They're DYING to get in...

In the southern swamps of Louisiana, an ominous and foreboding mansion beckons the young and curious tourists. But once they enter Ravenswood, they never return. 

And New Yorker Rainey Halerow knows nothing about it...

That is until her grandmother is brutally murdered under her nose and the answers to her mysterious and heinous death lie within the walls of Ravenswood. As the mansion lures her in, Rainey knows one thing is certain: more than death is trapped inside.
First and foremost… don’t even bother with my review just ONE CLICK!!! This is one of those books you really need to experience for yourself, with no preconceived notions. I know that sounds clichéd and all, just trust me! You won’t regret it! 

For those that need a review, I’m sorry if this is vague. I don’t want to accidentally include spoilers and ruin anyone’s journey. 

Just know that Ravenswood was everything I didn’t know I was looking for. Before this read, I was rereading a crap ton of old comfy faves, after I was reading a crap ton of new books. Christine Zolendz broke my book funk with this treasure. 

Seriously, I can’t scream enough about my love for everything within the pages of Ravenswood: from the characters, to the plot, to the tangible, intricate details, to the twists, to the love/hate relationship, to the secrets, to the gritty, rawness... and that ending!! 

Every little aspect of this book was beautifully written. Eerie and haunting, but beautiful. I was captivated. Hooked. Line and sinker. Chills and all. I seriously couldn’t devour the pages fast enough. I needed more of Madden, Liam, Rainey, the King, and Mathias. They were quickly turning out to be my newest obsession and I needed this book to never end. Sadly, like all books, it did. 

If I had to pick a favorite character, it would most definitely be Rainey. That chick was bad ass. I don’t know how the hell she kept her wits about her but she did. All the things she encountered would have had be me hiding in a corner, in a pile of pee and poo, while rocking back and forth. She walked around in a world filled with horror and the unexplained yet still kept her composure and sanity. To say I have a girl crush on our heroine would be an understatement. 

Just a quick FYI: this is the first book in the series and leans more towards creepy, suspenseful, as the author’s setting the stage, building groundwork. There is a smidge of romance, though, and you can definitely feel the tension between the H/h growing with each encounter. I’m betting we’ll see and feel a lot more of this chemistry within book two. Just know that it comes closer to the end. Usually this would irk me to no end, but I was so intrigued with the ambiance, characters, and locale that I didn’t mind at all. 

Yes, you read that right. There is a book two. This one ends on a small cliff hanger but the author is currently writing the second one, so hopefully not too long of a wait. And as far as cliffs go this one was very mild. I think you would be okay to start it. Not saying you won’t want the next immediately but it also won’t kill you. J 

I don't normally do Paranormal Romance but when it comes to Christine Zolendz I get greedy hands!! I seriously have to read everything and anything she writes. I don’t even bother to read the synopsis any more. I see a new book coming and get all fan-girly! I just love the worlds she creates that much. And I adore the fact that no matter what world she slides into she writes it flawlessly, whether it's Suspense, Paranormal, Contemporary, or Rom Com.

Ravenswood was no exception. Ms. Zolendz proves once again, she’s most definitely not a one hit wonder! 

Now bring on book two, Zolendz! I need it like I need chocolate!

You May Also Like

0 comments