Release Reviews: Superfan: Sarina Bowen

by - Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Superfan
Add to Goodreads
Release Date June 25, 2019
Buy Amazon | Apple | Kobo | B&N


Sometimes lady luck shakes your hand, and sometimes she smacks your face. Sometimes she does both on the same day.

Three years ago I met the most amazing woman. We were both down on our luck. Then I got that call—the one that tells you to get your buns on a plane to go meet your destiny.

But the girl was left behind. I didn’t have her phone number, and she didn’t know my real name.

While I became a professional hockey player, she became a superstar, with platinum records and legions of fans. And a slick, music producer boyfriend who treated her badly.

But fate wasn’t done with us yet. When Delilah turns up at a hockey game, I can’t resist making contact. The internet swoons when I ask her out on a date.

She might not remember me. But her jerkface ex does. He’ll do anything to keep us apart.
Good thing athletes never give up. This time I’m playing for keeps.

Oh, Silas Kelly. Three years ago, he was just a guy who met a girl while working as a bartender, but they were both at a crossroads and their timing was off. And due to circumstances, he had no way of getting in touch with her. But he is now living his dream as the goalie for the Brooklyn Bruisers. 

Delilah Spark was just a struggling musician then with a controlling manager. Now she is a superstar with an overbearing ex who does not want to lose that control.

It is not a well-kept secret in his circle that Silas is a big fan of hers even if they did not know the extent of it. And when she is spotted on the screen during a playoff game, social media provides a way to make contact.

He has some confessions to make, but their chemistry and camaraderie are still there. But their lives are still moving in different directions. They both have demanding careers, erratic schedules, and they live on opposite sides of the country. And she is dealing with some situations that are not easily fixed, and his presence in some ways make it better and in other ways make it worse.

This is a sweet, swoony, sexy, hockey, rock star, second-chance love story with a bit of suspense. It is told in dual points of view and I adored both of these characters. They are just so fun and adorable together. Silas is truly a good, caring, and sweet guy that knows what he wants. Delilah is more guarded (for good reason) and has more issues, but I loved how Silas supported her. Their banter, chemistry, and comfort level seeing the real person and not the celebrity facade made them such a great match.

This book sucked me in and I read it in one sitting. The dynamics between him and all his friends add humor, and I loved seeing more with some recent couples and old friends. This group is truly an extended family, and that is something that Delilah really needs as well. I have really enjoyed the Brooklyn Bruisers books and wonder if we will see any more from this series. 
When they met, she was a struggling musician working her tail off to get her big break. He was tending bar trying to figure out his plan B after disappointment.They didn’t exchange numbers and she didn’t even know his real name. When he had to leave suddenly, there was no way to get word to her. She thought she had been stood up, and there was no one to correct that thinking.

Silas Kelly has taken a lot of flack from his teammates for his interest in Delilah Spark, but they don’t understand that she’s the one that got away for him. They both found the breaks they were looking for, but when she is caught on camera at a hockey game, he finds a way to make contact again. Though she doesn’t know who he is, her ex does and he isn’t a fan of Silas. 

This started out as a cute, fun second chance romance, but quickly turned into more. I loved watching Delilah and Silas reconnect and rekindle what had been developing between them when they met. But this quickly became more than just the two of them as the story went deeper into Delilah’s career and the struggles she faced in her music. 

I love returning to the Brooklyn Bruisers world. This team has a great camaraderie, and every player’s story builds their friendships further. This is a great combination of hockey and rockstar romance, with issues that pop up in each subgenre and keep things interesting.

Add to Goodreads
Buy Amazon | B&N | iTunes | Kobo

You’d think a billion dollars, a professional hockey team and a six-bedroom mansion on the Promenade would satisfy a guy. You’d be wrong.

For seven years Rebecca has brightened my office with her wit and her smile. She manages both my hockey team and my sanity. I don’t know when I started waking in the night, craving her. All I know is that one whiff of her perfume ruins my concentration. And her laugh makes me hard.

When Rebecca gets hurt, I step in to help. It’s what friends do. But what friends don’t do is rip off each others’ clothes for a single, wild night together.

Now she’s avoiding me. She says we’re too different, and it can never happen again. So why can’t we keep our hands off each other? 

Add to Goodreads
Buy Amazon | B&N | iTunes | Kobo
Our 4.5 star reviews


Everyone knows the girl is off limits. But it's so good to be bad.

There's this girl...
Heidi and I have been trading hungry looks all year, and everything she does makes me smile. But I don't do girlfriends, and I certainly can't get involved with the league commissioner's daughter. I need shots on goal, not a hookup and a widely misunderstood paparazzi photo.
Can I resist her, though? The way she teases me should be a game penalty for interference with my libido. 

There's this guy...
Jason wants me, but he won't admit it. That man looks at me the way a hockey player eyes the lunch buffet after practice--and I love it. 
But when victory is finally within my grasp, I blow it and humiliate myself. Even then I can't even avoid him--as the team intern, I'm in constant view of his hard body and cocky smile. 
I need another chance. Jason Castro is about to learn the true meaning of an overnight sensation.


The Brooklyn series is also a subset of the Brooklyn Bruisers series

Sarina Bowen
Sarina Bowen is the RITA® Award winning author of over thirty contemporary novels. She most recently hit the USA Today bestseller's list in January, with Overnight Sensation. Formerly a derivatives trader on Wall Street, Sarina holds a BA in economics from Yale University.

Sarina Bowen is a New Englander whose Vermont ancestors cut timber and farmed the north country since the 1760s. Sarina is grateful for the invention of indoor plumbing and wi-fi during the intervening 250 years. On a few wooded acres, she lives with her husband, two boys, and an ungodly amount of ski and hockey gear.

Sarina's books are published in a dozen languages on four continents. In 2016, The Romance Writers of America honored HIM by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy with a RITA award for Best Contemporary Romance, Mid-Length.

You May Also Like

0 comments