Release Blast: Awk-weird: Avery Flynn

by - Monday, October 14, 2019

Awk-weird
(Ice Knights #2)
Avery Flynn
Add To Goodreads
Buy Amazon | B&N | Apple | Kobo
Release Date October 14, 2019

There’s more to me than just being awk-weird. I own my own flower shop, have some great friends, and I have my eye on adopting the most adorable kitten. But sadly, hot guys don’t tend to be blown away by my trivia-spouting, dorky self.

So when a Thor-lookalike who happens to be a professional hockey player hits on me at my bestie’s wedding rehearsal party... You better believe I climbed that tree like a cat. And the fact that it happened not once, not twice, but three times? Yeah, that’s pretty much a once-in-a-lifetime experience for a woman like me.

There’s zero chance I’ll end up ever seeing him again... right?

Until the pregnancy test comes up positive. What happens next?

Oh my God, I wish I knew…


Tess Gardner is the girl who tries to be invisible. She is awkward, shy, quirky, and highly intelligent. She has watched all her friends fall in love and she is the lone single girl, but she has a long history of being left behind.

Cole Phillips is hot on and off the ice, but his long term on again off again relationship is now back off. He is smart, a bit rigid, and hates change. He lives a perfectly ritualistic and orderly life and he thinks it will all be the same again once his ex returns.

An alcohol-tinged wedding meet-cute has Tess and Cole to geting carried away. They do something totally out of character and then go their separate ways...until later when Tess has something to tell him. And things get even more complicated after that. Cole's carefully ordered life is about to change in more ways than one. But Tess is used to being temporary and has such insecurities and defenses up. But I loved them together. 

This is a funny, sexy, and heartfelt love story with an unlikely couple that shake up each other's worlds. It is a pretty common trope but their backgrounds and quirks give it more depth. Their pasts have shaped them and affect their current decisions and thoughts. They are both forced outside their comfort zones and try to let go of their defense mechanisms. But the angst is strong with these two while the communication is not.

This was my first book by Avery Flynn and it was enjoyable and easy to follow without being familiar with the other couples, but I am sure that will just make her fans even happier to hang out with them more. They definitely had to run interference and do a few reality checks for their friends.

 
Avery Flynn
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Newsletter

USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling romance author Avery Flynn has three slightly-wild children, loves a hockey-addicted husband and is desperately hoping someone invents the coffee IV drip. Avery was a reader before she was a writer and hopes to always be both. She loves to write about smartass alpha heroes who are great with a quip and relatable heroines who are feisty, fierce and fantastic.

You May Also Like

0 comments