REVIEW: Darling Venom by Parker S. Huntington

by - Tuesday, March 15, 2022

 

My first love ended in tragedy.My second began with his brother.

From Wall Street Journal bestseller Parker S. Huntington comes a broken love story laced with angst and forbidden romance.

I wasn’t supposed to be on that roof on Valentine’s Day.

Neither was Kellan Marchetti, the school’s designated freak.

We met on the verge of ending our lives.

Somehow, the tattered strings of our tragedies tangled and tightened into an unlikely bond.

We decided not to take the plunge and agreed to check on each other every Valentine’s Day until school ended.

Same time.

One roof.

Two restless souls.

We kept our promise for three years.

On the fourth, Kellan made a decision, and I was left to deal with the consequences.

Just when I thought our story ended, another one began.

They say all love stories look the same and taste different.

Mine was venomous, disgraceful, and written in scarlet scars.

My name is Charlotte Richards, but you can call me Venom.

Please note this book talks of suicide, death of family members, cutting, and suicidal thoughts. Along with the harsh reality of survivor's guilt.

I apologize for my short and sweet review. I've not been up to reviewwriti ng and read this at the beginning of February, but wanted to share on the blog. 

Darling Venom hit me in the feels so damn hard. I won't lie, it wasn't a flawlessly written read. There were areas that needed more in depth exploration and it could have been shorter-a lot shorter, as it became repetitive. Yet, it was the perfect read for me in that moment.

I'm rating 6 stars because Tate, Charlotte, and Kellan will be with me for a long time. These characters wrecked me. I felt them and this book on a personal level. And while they could drive me crazy, their journey was one I couldn't put down. Even when I wanted to knock their heads into a wall. Ugh...lack of communication, lies, and avoidance kills me! However, that didn't stop me from becoming invested. I needed them to find forgiveness and love. I needed them to find that light at the end of the tunnel. I needed them to find inner peace and worthiness. I needed them to find an HEA, whatever that may have come as. I needed closure as much as they did.

And over a month later, my heart is still aching.
Parker S. Huntington is from Southern California. She has a B.A. in Creative Writing from UCR and an A.L.M. in Literature from Harvard.

She also hates talking about herself and is allergic to social media, but you can catch up with her in her newsletter at www.parkershuntington.com.

Reach her at:


You May Also Like

0 comments