Review Tour: WRECKED BUT NOT RUINED : Nicole Dykes

by - Wednesday, November 23, 2022

WRECKED BUT NOT RUINED
(Spark of Hope #3)
Nicole Dykes
Add to Goodreads
Amazon and KU
Release Date November 21, 2022


Ethan
I had everything. I was going to college and having a blast. Enjoying myself and not taking much seriously. But then, two years ago, everything changed.
A car wreck destroyed my life. It sent me into a total tailspin. I walked away, even when everyone said I wouldn’t be able to.
But I haven’t recovered from it.
The only thing I have left is my best friend, but I’m sure he’ll give up on me soon. Even so, I can’t fight the truth . . . I’m irrevocably ruined.

Knox
College is coming to an end, and I couldn’t be happier to finally start my real life.
Ethan and I had plans. So many amazing plans. And then, everything changed. He was in a horrific wreck, but he miraculously survived. Except it took a piece of him.
I’ve tried to help him get it back. Tried to get him to go to a trauma support group and come back to me.
He thinks he’s broken, but I know the real Ethan is still there. The brave, outgoing man I’ve known my entire life. And I’m going to help him see the truth. That he can overcome this. 
That he may have been a little wrecked, but he wasn’t ruined.
**Wrecked But Not Ruined is a standalone with a HEA in the Spark of Hope Series. It’s set around a trauma-support group and will, therefore, touch on extremely sensitive subjects. I’ll always do my best to handle these topics with care and healing and with no intention of hurting anyone. But please, heed this warning if you have any triggers.

some graphics from Author's Facebook page
Ethan was a popular, outgoing, social, college guy until an accident changed everything. Now, two years later, he is still suffering the repercussions and his mental state has never recovered. He’s anxious and experiences panic which has made him more reclusive and affected his self-worth and general life functioning. 

His best friend Knox has been by his side, the whole time and continues to try to push him to get better. He is smart, caring, loyal, protective, and supportive. He is gay and has been hurt in relationships before so is afraid of getting hurt again.

Ethan has just been stuck in a rut and can’t seem to break out of it. The guys at the support group want to help them as well. But during this process, something unexpected happens, and all of a sudden seemingly straight  Ethan is looking at his gay best friend a little differently. And Ethan has even more motivation to want to find his confidence and be able to live a full life again. 

This is an inspiring, emotional, low-relationship angst, best friends, roommates, bi-awakening story of overcoming fears, hope, and healing after trauma. Ethan and Knox have such a strong bond and connection built on a foundation of friendship but it is fortified by new discoveries and even deeper feelings. But they also both have some challenges to overcome.

This book brings back the other characters from the previous books sharing their support and teases future stories. 


BRUISED BUT NOT BROKEN
(Spark of Hope #1)
Goodreads

STALKED BUT NOT AFRAID
(Spark of Hope #2)
Amazon

ABNA
(Spark of Hope #4)
Amazon pre-order

CBND
(Spark of Hope #5)
Amazon Pre-order

Nicole Dykes
Facebook | FB GroupMM FB GroupInstagram | Website | Patreon | Newsletter | Tik Tok

Nicole Dykes is a wife and a professional assistant/mom to two gorgeous girls. Currently residing in Kansas, she’s a lover of coffee, Kansas City Chiefs, and all things romance.

She writes contemporary, NA, and M/M romance because love is love is love. She enjoys cranking up the angst level regardless of genre or trope, making her readers cry, and turning those tears into the coffee that fuels her writing.



You May Also Like

0 comments