Release Blitz: The Boyfriend Proposal: Felice Stevens

by - Wednesday, September 02, 2026

The Boyfriend Proposal 
Appleton Farms #3
Felice Stevens
September 2, 2026

Theo
I’m just me—plain, boring Theo. Everyone’s friend but no one’s boyfriend. Dating apps don’t work for me, and the one time I try to change my image is a total disaster.
All I want is someone to come home to and hold hands with. A boyfriend who’ll love me. It doesn’t help that I have this silly crush on Jaxon Polaris, our sexy, gorgeous, district attorney. He’s a flirt who’s never without a date. No matter how nice he is to me, I know the truth. A man like Jaxon would never be interested in someone like me.

Jaxon
I love being the district attorney of Appleton Falls, but I definitely have dreams of sitting on the bench. When the leader of the party approaches me, suggesting I run for a judgeship, I’m thrilled…until he tells me my image as a party boy might hurt me with small-town voters. I can’t deny it—I’ve had more than my share of lovers, and I’ve never hidden my desire to remain single. His suggestion? Find a nice guy and make him my boyfriend.
Problem is, I don’t know any nice guys…except shy, quiet Theo Sweeny.

Reluctantly, Theo agrees to my boyfriend proposal, and the man proceeds to challenge me at every turn. Shy? He’s stubborn and feisty. But his kisses are so sweet, and I can’t stop thinking about him. Being with Theo means I’ll have to tell him my truth—a secret that could prevent me from achieving my dreams. But the more I get to know Theo, the more I come to realize: Win or lose the election, what I’m searching for might be right here by my side.

Theo Sweeney is the pub owner in Appleton Falls. He’s a generous, nice, quiet, somewhat shy guy who would just love to find his forever person. But it just seems like he either doesn’t have things in common with his dates or gets ghosted.

Jaxon Polaris is the DA in the area who has just had some major career success. He’s out and gay, but he is a flirt and a player and has no intention of settling down. He’s charismatic, charming, intelligent, and successful. And now that they’re tossing his name around for judgeship, they are also scrutinizing his public life and suggesting that he settle down in his private life to compete with the other candidate who’s a family man. 

So Jaxon comes up with a proposal for him and Theo to be in a fake relationship. He’ll help Theo gain more confidence and dating experience, and Theo will attend events and help Jaxon's image. They are supposed to have boundaries, and both know it would be a bad idea to catch feelings.

This is a slow burn, small-town, hurt-comfort, opposites-attract,  fake dating story about one man who wants love and one who does not believe in it. I loved Theo. He’s just so sweet and initially a bit awkward, and has so much love to give. But I also enjoyed seeing him gain confidence and be more honest and feisty.  And Jaxon has put on a mask for a long time to avoid getting hurt again, and I enjoyed seeing him start to let it slip and be more vulnerable. They really challenged each other and were such a good match. And they had undeniable chemistry. They both have opportunities to learn, grow, and figure out what they need to be happy.

I enjoyed spending more time in Appleton Falls, including with their friends who happen to be football and hockey players. The group keeps growing, and they look out for each other. 

Holiday Huddle
Appleton Farms #1

Wow. I did not expect to run into Brooklyn Kings retired football star Harte McKinney in my hometown of Appleton Falls. It takes me back to my college days when I crushed on him in silence. All these years later, nothing’s changed. Even better, something in his eyes has me thinking he’s not as straight as I’d always believed.

When I find him hurt in a car crash in the snow, it’s my duty as a deputy sheriff to follow him to the hospital and make sure he’s going to be okay. Then we share an unexpected kiss, and I make him a proposal: come home with me to recuperate so we can explore these feelings behind closed doors.

Each day we spend together brings us closer, and we know we want to be together. But small towns have big eyes—we might not be able to keep what we have to ourselves much longer. My partner already suspects Harte and I are more than “just friends.” And when my mom gets an eyeful of Harte in his birthday suit…it’s time.

Let the snow fall where it may—we’re ready to come out.

There’s a fire crackling in the grate, the tree is decorated, and presents are wrapped. We’re all set to huddle together for the holidays and hope that love and magic of Christmas conquers all.

Hide And Seek

Appleton Falls #2
Amazon
I’m finally living the life I want as a deputy sheriff in the small town of Appleton Falls. I gave up my job as a cop in the NYPD to search for the truth about a father I barely know, except finding him brought me no peace.

But I’m happy. Really. I’d love to fall in love, but it just hasn’t happened. Yet.
Then he shows up to join our force.

My old high school nemesis, Dominic Starr. The gorgeous loner and the bane of my existence.
As well as my secret fantasy.

Why did he leave the NYPD? Was he running from his powerful father? Or hiding from him?
It’s not like he wants to forgive and forget and be friends. At every turn he’s in my face, taunting and teasing me with that stupid nickname he loves and knows I hate.

Starr should be careful, because he’s got secrets only I know.

And one of them is mine as well.

But when the past we both want to leave behind crashes into our present—with deadly consequences—neither of us can hide what we’ve been running from all our lives: The future we both seek is in each other’s arms.

If we make it out alive.


 Felice Stevens

Felice Stevens writes romance because what is better than people falling in love? Her favorite part of a
romance novel is that first kiss…sigh. She loves creating stories of hopes and dreams and happily ever
afters. Her stories are character-driven, rich with the sights, sounds and flavors of New York City and
filled with men who are sometimes deeply flawed but always real.

Felice writes M/M romance because she believes that everyone deserves a happily ever after. Having
traveled all over the world, she can safely say that the universal language that unites people is love.
Felice has written in a variety of sub-genres, including contemporary, paranormal and has a mystery
series as well.

Felice is a two time Lambda Literary Award nominee and the Lambda Literary Award winner for Best
Gay Romance for her book, The Ghost and Charlie Muir.
Connect with Felice Stevens:

You May Also Like

0 comments