Wanted Kelly Elliott

by - Thursday, December 06, 2012

Add to Goodreads        Buy: Nook/Kindle

Verbally abused by her mother for years, 18 year old Ellie Johnson always believed she would never be loved or wanted by anyone. She focused all of her attention on her grades and getting into the University of Texas to start a new life away from her mother.
The last thing Ellie expected was to fall in love with Gunner Mathews, a starting linebacker for the University of Texas football team and not to mention, her brothers best friend. 
Gunner only had two passions in life, football and his grandfather’s ranch, until he falls for his best friends little sister. He will stop at nothing to show Ellie how much he wants her, even if it means he has to move faster than she would like. 
Gunner knows they are meant to be together forever, but Ellie keeps denying her feelings out of fear of being hurt again. Every time he gets close to winning her love, something pushes her away again. Will Ellie ever be able to let go of the past and let him into her heart and will Gunner be patient enough to wait for her?
What will it take for them to realize they are all each other have ever WANTED?




WOW! There was so much angst in this book, that I am worn to a frazzle!  But I loved it! 

It was really interesting because this book is actually about 2 main couples. Ellie is going to be a new freshman at UT and has survived mental abuse from her mother her whole life. Her mom makes her feel very insecure and makes her believe she will never be loved by a man. 

"You will never be wanted by anyone...remember that Ellie darlin', remember that"...

Her college aged brother Jefferson is her only salvation. When Ellie's boyfriend cheats on her, Jefferson and his best friend, Gunner come to her rescue. They had never met before and it is seriously lust and love at first sight for Gunner and Jeff's baby sister. You follow their initial worries and misgivings about being able to date since her brother is overprotective and her deep insecurities from her past, but really their relationship is the healthiest one of the book. Of course not everything was easy for them and there were misunderstandings and trials, but their story was really sweet and heartfelt. I worried at first because Gunner was so verbally lovey and gushy, but I could not help but just adore the guy. He was so patient, sweet, gentle and loving to Ellie. He was such a good friend to her brother. He was just plain perfect and "too damn good to be true"

I did it. I gave my heart away to someone when I swore I would never do it again. I prayed to God that Gunner was right...will he love me the rest of his life? will he always want me?

"Don't ever forget how I feel about you; sweetheart. I will always want you and only you. I would be lost without you Ellie;I love you more than life itself..."

"I have never in my life...ever felt so completely loved and...wanted."

Now the other couple is all fire! Jefferson and Ellie's best Friend Arianna used to be friends but now fight constantly. They were so completely in love with each other, but had a horrible time admitting it and getting their timing right. Their story is so full of insults, hurt feelings, unresolved issues, betrayal, and miscommunication. They had such a serious intensity that I found myself very involved in their story. At times they made me so mad that I wanted to toss my kindle! Although their relationship was focused largely in this book, they will also be the subject of book 2 Saved and I am really looking forward to it. 

Being from Texas myself, I loved the Austin references and the ranch also featured. The visits to his grandparents' ranch were so endearing. 

I loved Kelly Elliott's character development, the fact we got POV from 4 characters, and the way she moved the story along. Even though it was a long book (64 short chapters and an epilogue), it was not boring. All that angst kept me turning pages! 

 A great debut novel and start to this series!

You May Also Like

0 comments