Edge of Never J.A. Redmerski

by - Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Add to Goodreads        Buy: Nook/Kindle

Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett had always been one to think out-of-the-box, who knew she wanted something more in life than following the same repetitive patterns and growing old with the same repetitive life story. And she thought that her life was going in the right direction until everything fell apart.

Determined not to dwell on the negative and push forward, Camryn is set to move in with her best friend and plans to start a new job. But after an unexpected night at the hottest club in downtown North Carolina, she makes the ultimate decision to leave the only life she’s ever known, far behind.

With a purse, a cell phone and a small bag with a few necessities, Camryn, with absolutely no direction or purpose boards a Greyhound bus alone and sets out to find herself. What she finds is a guy named Andrew Parrish, someone not so very different from her and who harbors his own dark secrets. But Camryn swore never to let down her walls again. And she vowed never to fall in love.

But with Andrew, Camryn finds herself doing a lot of things she never thought she’d do. He shows her what it’s really like to live out-of-the-box and to give in to her deepest, darkest desires. On their sporadic road-trip he becomes the center of her exciting and daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But will Andrew’s dark secret push them inseparably together, or tear them completely apart?
Kim's Rating:
6 out of 5 Stars

Kim's Review:
WOW! This book just left me stunned, breathless, and totally spent!

The Road to Nowhere...Two strangers find themselves on a bus. 

Camryn....running away from loss, life at home, depression, and the mundane. No real destination in mind, just going away from home. 

Andrew...moving towards something he does not want to face. Taking the long road to avoid getting there. 

"It's better to shun emotion than to fall for it and let it make you its bitch--and since nothing lasts forever, in the end everything that was once good, always hurts like hell."

"You dwell on the past, you can't move forward. Spend too much time planning for the future and you just push yourself backwards, or you stay stagnant in the same place all your life...Live in he moment...where everything is just right, take your time and limit your bad memories and you'll get wherever it is you're going a lot faster and with less bumps in the road along the way."

With each mile, a brick crumbles from the walls they both have in place. Two people who end up being just what each of them needed most. It slowly builds on their bus ride...you begin to see caring, protection, support and honesty. As their adventure continues and the real journey starts, the bricks continue to come down despite each of their resistance and fear. The continued building of friendship, attraction, love, acceptance and mutual zest for life are fun to watch. Andrew is Cam's tour guide into living life to the fullest. Their banter is fun. Their chemistry is incredible and their connection is amazing. The emotions run high as they fight their feelings and needs. 

"Well, everybody needs help feeling alive again every once in awhile."
"No," ..."I didn't say again, Andrew; for making me feel alive for the first time."

Cam: I think he loves torturing me.
Andrew: SHE"S CUTE WHEN I'M torturing her. Because she enjoys it. 


I don't know how I got myself into this, but I do know that as much as my conscience is ripping into my f**king ears, telling me to leave her alone, I can't. I don't want to. We've already gone too far.

Everything about it feels right; for the first time in a very long time, I feel like my life is back on track again, except on a very different sort of road, one in which I have no idea where it's going.

THE HEART ALWAYS WINS out over the mind. The heart, although reckless and suicidal and a masochist all on it own, always gets its way. The mind may be what's best, but I don't give a shit what my mind is telling me anymore. right now, I just want to live in the moment.
But Andrew has a secret and we are not privy to it. The mystery builds towards the end of the book, until I was shattered. I cried, I hoped, and I could not turn pages fast enough to get to the resolution. 

It was a true journey and an emotional roller coaster. 

"It's like some wicked f**king fairytale love story that you can't make up, y'know?"

But the main theme of the book was to not be afraid to live or love. And when it was all said and done, it was beautiful.
Tammy's Rating:
6 out of 5 Stars

Tammy's Review:
The author shows us their Andrew & Cam’s story from both point of views.  I really love when you get to read the story from the male perspective too. I thought this book moved a little slow at the beginning. I began to wonder when it was going to pick up, and what was I missing? My friend made me promise to hang in there and I am so fricken glad I did. The Edge of Never has made it to my all-time favorite’s shelf.

This book wrecked me, utterly wrecked me. I was just moseying on along enjoying the hell out of Andrew & Cam and then BAM!!!! It blew my mind and wrecked me. I am still trying to pick up the pieces of myself I left within this book.

It started with two strangers, a bus trip, classic rock music, and ended with one hell of a road trip across the states. Andrew and Camryn were such an integral part of each other. From the first word they exchanged all the way to the last.

“And then I met you…and it was like something just went off in my head, or it woke up, I-I don’t know, but….” “but I knew that whatever it was, it was right. If fit. You fit.”

Cam, damaged and on the “run” to escape from her everyday mundane life. She wanted and needed something; she just wasn’t quite sure what she was after. Camryn forgot what it meant to live, closed herself off after facing some tragic stuff. I loved that she was sassy, and wasn’t afraid to give it right back to Andrew. She was very careful with the moves she made, but still opened herself up along the way allowing us to see not only her tough spunky side but also her sweet soft side. I absolutely adored her as a heroine. Although she had walls up and she suffered trauma she wasn’t bitchy.  Seems most chicks in books lately are just bitches. I loved seeing a playful yet tough girl who suffered from depression still hold don to some parts of herself while learning to re-find the other parts.

“Depression is pain in it's purest form and I would do anything to be able to feel an emotion again.”

Andrew lives life to the fullest, but is also holding back one hell of a secret. No regrets, just does it and suffers the consequences later. He is damaged in other ways, causing him to travel the same roads as Cam. Andrew was all alpha male, but at the same time you also saw his vulnerability. His sense of humor and his outlook on life endeared him to you even more. Striking up a deal with Cam that includes a road trip and he only has two rules. He chooses the music and he gets to control her.

I was getting a little antsy in the “sex” department. Not that I need it to complete a book for me, but I do need the kissing and I wanted them to kiss already. I felt the connection everywhere else now I just need the added emotion a great kiss can give.  We were given that and so much more.  They were HOT together. The scenes were fitted perfectly into the story and I am glad we had to wait a bit for them.

“You didn’t kiss-kiss me.” “I don’t know how to feel about that-I don’t like how I feel about it, but I’m not sure how I should feel.”

I can tell you one thing I will never view the rain in the same way again.

“Lay down.”
“This is crazy.” You are crazy.”
“Now just open your eyes and look up.” I watch her lips, how the rain moves over them in rivulets, and how she smiles and flinches when the drops hit the back of her throat. I watch her so much that I forget it’s raining at all.


I grew to love Andrew and Cam, their friendship and love grew at a steady pace right before your eyes. It was an instant love, but the author did a perfect job of not portraying that right off the bat. We grew right along with them. You felt every damn emotion possible. I found myself smiling at their antics. It was plain as day that Andrew was helping Cam learn to live again, but what wasn’t plain as day was that she was doing the exact same thing for him.  They were utterly perfect for each other.  They healed each other and it was so moving to watch it blossom and take hold. Their love grew as the miles past between them. They had only known each other a few short weeks but it didn’t take them long to figure out they were made for each other. There was absolutely nothing one dimensional about this story.

"You were the missing piece of my soul, the breath in my lungs, and the blood in my veins."

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. So glad you loved Camryn and Andrew's journey! My friend who runs my Facebook page sent me the link. Thank you so much for reading and for the wonderful review. I hope you both have a Happy New Year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, we both truly loved this and even made it one of 12 fave reads of 2012..:) Have a great New Year too!

    ReplyDelete