Falling for the Ghost of You Nicole Christie

by - Thursday, December 20, 2012

Add to Goodreads     Buy: Nook/Kindle

Seventeen year old Violet Mercer returns home from her summer vacation in Hawaii to discover her boyfriend's cheating on her with a friend. As if that wasn't bad enough, her mother's marrying a man she just met.

Things take an awkward turn when Violet meets her rich new stepfather, and his gorgeous son--the hot guy whom she made a fool of herself in front of earlier that day! Zane O' Connor is sexy and charming, and way out of her league. He makes her forget her ex-boyfriend even existed. But there's no way she'd ever have a chance with him...right?

Through a strange turn of events, Violet finds herself living with Zane for a month. Somewhere between the fighting and flirting, they become friends. And it isn't long before that friendship blooms into something else...something more powerful than Violet anticipated. 

But Zane is hiding something from her--something big enough to tear them apart if Violet ever discovered the truth about him. Her suspicions keep her from trusting him completely. She's been burned before--is she willing to take that risk again?

As she and Zane spend more time together, Violet realizes it's too late: she's fallen for the beautiful boy with the big secret. Will she get her heart broken twice in one year--or will her love survive the truth?

For readers seventeen and older due to sexual situations and language.
Kim's Rating:
4 out of 5 Stars

Kim's Review:
Zane is--fireworks, bursts of color, exciting, dangerous, sexy, and he makes me want.

Violet is a seventeen year old beautiful, but awkward clutz just getting out of a relationship where her boyfriend cheated on her.
Twenty year old super Hot Zane is going to be her new step brother.

...this guy is beyond the everyday normal. He's like, walk out of every woman's fanstasy gorgeous.

Their first meeting, she literally falls at his feet. Their 2nd meeting, her equally awkward mom inadvertently refers to her as a hooker and stripper. It can only get better from there as they end up being room mates for a month. She moves into the guest house with him while their new family home is getting remodeled. She is constantly doing things that make him laugh without even trying. 

I give up. I totally accept the fact that I'll forever be making as ass out of myself in front of the hottest guy I've ever known.

They flirt, they become friends, they fight each other, they fight their feelings, and try to hide it from family. 

I become a giggly loser around him, I disgust myself, but I can't seem to help it.

"He likes you, but he doesn't want to."

She is young and very insecure. All along we know Zane has a secret that he is afraid to share with her. Eventually it comes crashing down around them and drama ensues. I can honestly say I did not figure out what it was and I was surprised at the twist. I was really rooting for them to be able to make it back to each other. Despite their differences, they were really good for each other. 

Zane: "I remember who I am when I'm with you."

It was a sweet book. They had good chemistry. It made me laugh.  It had enough drama to keep me interested, but not enough to make me want to throw my kindle.

You May Also Like

0 comments