Where I Need to Be Kimberly Knight

by - Sunday, December 16, 2012

Add to Goodreads        Buy: Nook/Kindle


Spencer Marshall was done moping. After catching her boyfriend cheating with his secretary, she decides to have a girl's weekend in Vegas with her best friend Ryan. Lady Luck must be looking out for Spencer, because that weekend will change her life forever. Despite what people say, not everything stays in Vegas.










Kim's Rating:
3 out of 5 Stars

Kim's Review:
This book was short and sweet.

I liked Spencer and Brandon. Spencer was getting out of a 2 year relationship and being cheated on. Brandon is a super hot guy she runs into at the gym.

My favorite line of the book as she runs on the treadmill and is texting her friend:
OMFG, I have my very own Gideon Cross at the gym. Hot guy running on the treadmill next to me!

Their flirting at the beginning was really cute and they have good chemistry. Brandon was a total sweetheart and the perfect man. He just has a crazy ex. 

Spencer was depressed at the beginning of the book since her ex cheated on her, but her past issues did not really get in the way of her dating Brandon. Brandon is totally swoon worthy. They quickly just become the perfect couple. 

"Nothing else matters except you, Spencer. Nothing. You're what I want, what I need. Where you are is where I need to be. I need you here in my life with me."

I loved her friend Ryan who was dealing with her own boyfriend issues. And the supporting characters were all supportive of them. 

I think the story idea was a good one. There was some drama, but for me it was resolved pretty quickly. I just felt like the story had good characters and good bones, but lacked depth. Maybe I am used to stories with more angst and heartbreak that keep me riveted. The characters just handled all of the drama too well. The majority of this short book were sex scenes. They were really a sweet couple who could not keep their hands off each other. They did have probably one of the sexiest dance scenes I have read in a book though. 

The book ended kind of abruptly and opened it right up for book 2 Wanted and it will be a trilogy. I will probably read it just to see where the characters end up. It was a good debut novel from Kimberly Knight. I would just like to see more intensity and strife in the next one.

You May Also Like

0 comments