Review Tour: Sure Shot: Sarina Bowen

by - Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Sure Shot
Sarina Bowen
Add to Goodreads
Buy Amazon | B&N | Apple | Kobo
Release Date May 12, 2020

A new stand-alone hockey romance from USA Today bestseller Sarina Bowen.

On the eve of her thirtieth birthday, sports agent Bess Beringer is ready to make some changes. Armed with a five-year plan—indexed and color coded—she’ll tackle her personal life with the same zeal that she brings to her successful agency.

A big, tall, ripped hunk of hockey player who’s just been traded to the Brooklyn Bruisers is not a part of that plan. Mark “Tank” Tankiewicz has a lot of baggage. He’s a ride-or-die loner with a bad reputation. He’s on the rebound. He’s also the sexiest thing on two legs, and for some crazy reason it’s Bess that he wants.

She knows better. But then she falls stupid in love with him anyway. And for a while it seems like maybe he’ll do the same.

Until she asks him for the one thing he can never give her…

Bess Beringer is a top-notch sports agent that has just moved to New York. She is part of the Brooklyn Bruisers squad since her brother Dave is on the team and she is the agent for others. After unplugging for a week for a long-overdue vacation, she returned to a surprise. The last player she had a hot fling with nine years ago when they were both new to the scene, has been traded to Brooklyn.

Mark "Tank" Tankiewicz is not happy with recent events in his life. An unexpected trade, a failed marriage and impending divorce, and conflict with his new team. Seeing Bess' face was both a shock and a bright spot in a sea of people who seem to dislike him.

They have both achieved goals in their careers, but have not found passion and a connection like the one they had in the past. And the chemistry is still there. They can't seem to resist though Bess knows it would not be appropriate and would have to be kept secret. But they just cannot seem to stop crashing together.



She's got rules and a five-year plan that he does not fit into. She wants love and a family, not just a good time. His life is in transition and he has some issues holding him back. But they've got needs. And they actually like the other.  They have flirty and fun rapport, smoking chemistry, and make each other feel alive and wanted. Therefore, things could get really complicated.

I actually adored Tank. Under his grumpy exterior, he is just kind of lost and vulnerable. He is really attached to Bess, but has issues and reasons to not feel good enough. My heart hurt for him. And Bess is so strong and tries to be such a professional, but she is having to put her own happiness aside for appearance's sake. But there are also some secrets and conflicts still affecting them.

This is a witty, swoony, sexy, second-chance love story that brings all the feels. I have to say, I got choked up a few times during this one especially in the last part of the book...sometimes in sadness and other times in joy. There were some things story-wise that I was not expecting, and they were so emotional and heartfelt. I wanted to give them both hugs. And I really just wanted this book to keep going. I was not ready to leave them and I hope to catch glimpses of them in future Bruisers' books. They turned out to be one of my favorite couples of the series. But I also loved seeing the other couples and seeing Bess and Tank begin to immerse themselves in their new Brooklyn lifestyle and family.

Mark “Tank” Tankiewicz is the new guy on the team, with a bit of a reputation and some baggage from the move.

Bess Beringer has finally written the 5-year plan she always coaches her rookie players to create. But she doesn’t expect to find herself back in the same city as Mark, and suddenly she is questioning everything she thought she wanted for the next 5 years.

What she wants is not the same thing he wants after just ending his marriage. But the chemistry between them is hard to resist. What will happen if she asks him to give her what she wants most - will he hear her out, or will it be the end of their fun?

These two had fantastic chemistry that even years apart couldn’t diminish. But what started out as fun quickly turns to more as they find themselves entwined, even if they are in different points of their lives.

Returning to returning to the Brooklyn Bruisers world always feels like returning to a group of friends. I love the way the side characters rally around Tank and Bess, both supportive and protective in their encouragement (and razzing) of this couple. Tank has issues with his team to work through as well, so it isn’t just about the main couple’s relationship, but it is also about fitting into new situations and opening up to the people who have your back.

This turned into a more emotional story than I was expecting from the beginning, and I loved how it made me feel while I was reading. This has been a tricky season for reading and this was a book I couldn’t put down. It’s a second chance with a huge heart as Bess and Tank work to figure out what is important and how to balance what they want with what comes their way.
Add to Goodreads
Buy Amazon | B&N | iTunes | Kobo

You’d think a billion dollars, a professional hockey team and a six-bedroom mansion on the Promenade would satisfy a guy. You’d be wrong.

For seven years Rebecca has brightened my office with her wit and her smile. She manages both my hockey team and my sanity. I don’t know when I started waking in the night, craving her. All I know is that one whiff of her perfume ruins my concentration. And her laugh makes me hard.

When Rebecca gets hurt, I step in to help. It’s what friends do. But what friends don’t do is rip off each others’ clothes for a single, wild night together.

Now she’s avoiding me. She says we’re too different, and it can never happen again. So why can’t we keep our hands off each other? 

Add to Goodreads
Buy Amazon | B&N | iTunes | Kobo
Our 4.5 star reviews


Everyone knows the girl is off limits. But it's so good to be bad.

There's this girl...
Heidi and I have been trading hungry looks all year, and everything she does makes me smile. But I don't do girlfriends, and I certainly can't get involved with the league commissioner's daughter. I need shots on goal, not a hookup and a widely misunderstood paparazzi photo.
Can I resist her, though? The way she teases me should be a game penalty for interference with my libido. 

There's this guy...
Jason wants me, but he won't admit it. That man looks at me the way a hockey player eyes the lunch buffet after practice--and I love it. 
But when victory is finally within my grasp, I blow it and humiliate myself. Even then I can't even avoid him--as the team intern, I'm in constant view of his hard body and cocky smile. 
I need another chance. Jason Castro is about to learn the true meaning of an overnight sensation.


Buy Amazon | Apple | Kobo | B&N


Sometimes lady luck shakes your hand, and sometimes she smacks your face. Sometimes she does both on the same day.

Three years ago I met the most amazing woman. We were both down on our luck. Then I got that call—the one that tells you to get your buns on a plane to go meet your destiny.

But the girl was left behind. I didn’t have her phone number, and she didn’t know my real name.

While I became a professional hockey player, she became a superstar, with platinum records and legions of fans. And a slick, music producer boyfriend who treated her badly.

But fate wasn’t done with us yet. When Delilah turns up at a hockey game, I can’t resist making contact. The internet swoons when I ask her out on a date.

She might not remember me. But her jerkface ex does. He’ll do anything to keep us apart.
Good thing athletes never give up. This time I’m playing for keeps.


The Brooklyn series is also a subset of the Brooklyn Bruisers series
Sarina Bowen
Sarina Bowen is the RITA® Award winning author of over thirty contemporary novels. She most recently hit the USA Today bestseller's list in January, with Overnight Sensation. Formerly a derivatives trader on Wall Street, Sarina holds a BA in economics from Yale University.

Sarina Bowen is a New Englander whose Vermont ancestors cut timber and farmed the north country since the 1760s. Sarina is grateful for the invention of indoor plumbing and wi-fi during the intervening 250 years. On a few wooded acres, she lives with her husband, two boys, and an ungodly amount of ski and hockey gear.

Sarina's books are published in a dozen languages on four continents. In 2016, The Romance Writers of America honored HIM by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy with a RITA award for Best Contemporary Romance, Mid-Length.


You May Also Like

0 comments