Release Review: Stripped: K.M. Neuhold

by - Friday, July 02, 2021


 Stripped
(Four Bears Construction #6)
K.M. Neuhold
Buy Amazon (KU)
Release Date July 2, 2021

A ripped, transgender construction worker and a tweed-wearing, tortoise-shell-cozy-knitting, bear of a professor... Somebody's getting stripped.

The last place I expected to run into my childhood camp crush was at the local university, looking all kinds of cute in a tweed jacket with a nervous blush. I’ve always had a bit of a thing for the nerdy professor type.

Demetri says he doesn’t date. I want to believe that it’s true and not that he’s not interested in a transgender man like me. If all he can offer me is friendship, I’m more than happy to take it.

Coy looks during sweaty workouts, rainy nights on his couch watching him knit shell cozies for his pet tortoise… I’m falling for him whether I want to or not.

Can I break down his walls and prove to him that he can trust me with his heart? And can I trust him with mine?

***Stripped is a swoony, steamy MM romance that is the 6th book in the Four Bears Construction Series. It can be read as a stand alone, but you won’t want to miss these bear’s antics. This series does not contain any shifters, only the OTHER kind of bears. 


Graphics from Author's Facebook page

Miller is a buff, burly construction worker who also happens to be transgender. He knows who he is and what he wants. And that is a partner to share his life with. And suddenly he has his eye on one man.

Demetri is a nerdy history professor. He has been negatively conditioned by exes and has poor self-esteem and self-confidence. His idea of fun is hanging out with his tortoise and knitting him shell covers. He cannot believe that Miller is really interested in someone like him.

I adored these two! Miller is such a strong character and has such a positive outlook on life. He just tells it like it is and has a good sense of humor. But even with his confidence, he still does have some vulnerability and insecurities. I felt bad for Demetri since he just has such negative self-thoughts but he is really sweet and pretty adorkable. I loved that Miller pushes him out of his comfort zone and works to try to build up his self-esteem and sense of empowerment. 

This installment is sweet, witty, sexy, emotional, and inspiring. It really comes down to trust and being brave enough to take a risk. These guys are just so good together. They both just really needed to be enough for someone and to feel accepted, appreciated, supported, and safe. They really touched my heart. 

I thought the author did a really good job with the transgender aspects of the story and it was both informative, honest, and sometimes there was a bit of humor about the situation thrown in. Miller is just so likable and so true to himself. And Dem is on his own journey to repair his thought processes regarding intimacy.

This brings back all of our fave bears and couples and I am excited about the next one.  I also liked Dem's friends Auggie and Eddie. And I am really hoping the introduction of some other new guys means that we might be getting a spin-off series too! If so, I am there for it!
Four Bears Construction
Series on Goodreads
Buy on Amazon or read for FREE in KU
Author's website

     

​K.M. Neuhold is a complete romance junkie, a total sap in every way. She started her journey as an author in new adult, straight romance, but after a chance reading of an MM book she was completely hooked on everything about lovely- and sometimes damaged- men finding their Happily Ever After together.
She has a strong passion for writing characters with a lot of heart and soul, and a bit of humor as well. And she fully admits that her OCD tendencies of making sure every side character has a full backstory will likely always lead to every book having a spin-off or series.

When she’s not writing, she’s a lion tamer, an astronaut, and a superhero…just kidding, she’s likely watching Netflix and snuggling with her husky, Lola, while her amazing husband brings her coffee.

You May Also Like

0 comments