Release Review: Fool Hearts: Emmy Sanders

by - Sunday, April 03, 2022

 

Fool Hearts
Emmy Sanders
add to Goodreads

Best friends. Unrequited love. A story that spans decades.

Wyatt
At twelve, he was my best friend. At sixteen, he became my crush. And now, at thirty-four, he’s the man I’m still pining after.

Falling in love with Easton was never part of the plan. But now that I’ve done it, I can’t seem to stop. It doesn’t help that we’re living under the same roof. Or that Easton is so dang sweet, I want to lick him from head to toe.

But Easton is straight, and all the cattle in Texas won’t change the fact that he’ll never look at me the way I see him. I want someone who can love me back. And I won’t be able to find that while I’m hung up on my best friend.

It’s time to find a way to say goodbye.

Easton
I always knew I was a little bit different than everybody else. When kids my age were hooking up, all I wanted to do was sit on the ranch with Wyatt and plot out our future. I didn’t need anyone else.

When Wyatt leaves Plum Valley, he takes a piece of me with him. When he returns at the moment I need him most, he helps me to heal and feel whole again. We have a good life now, Wyatt and I, best friends still after all these years.

So when I happen to catch my friend down on his knees in the barn, I don’t understand why, all of a sudden, I’m thinking things I shouldn’t be. Now, I can’t stop wondering and wanting.

But would taking that chance with Wyatt risk the best thing in my life?

Fool Hearts is a small town, longtime friends to lovers romance with a whole lot of pining, a bi-awakening in a barn, swoon-worthy cowboys, a roller coaster of emotions, and one very HEA. It’s book 1 in the Plum Valley Cowboys series but can be read as a standalone.

Graphics from Author's Facebook page

This is a story that spans from childhood to their forties. It is about a deep friendship that could not be damaged by distance and just grew stronger over time into a true soulmate love. Wyatt always knew he was gay and was satisfied just being Easton's best friend and loving him in secret until his heart just could not take anymore. Easton was never really interested in anyone and enjoyed spending the majority of his time with his best friend until he found a spark with someone. And when their lives diverged for a while, the bond was tested, bent, but never broken. The rest of their lives end up taking a different path than either of them expected, culminating in a life they never imagined possible.

This is an emotional, super-slow-burn, childhood-best-friends-to-lovers, single dad, Texas small-town, M/M soul-deep love story years in the making. My heart broke for Wyatt so often. He was so devoted, loyal, loving, and self-sacrificing. He would do anything at all to support Easton and make him happy. Easton was a good guy but just did not really understand himself or his own needs at times. But it was always easy to see the love between these two in various stages of their lives.

There are also good messages about awareness, change, and acceptance in settings that have generally been more conservative and unwelcoming. I am looking forward to the next two books in the series. This debut author found a way to span many years but still incorporate enough of the important events and feelings to make you feel like you are seeing the growth and change in the characters and their changing personal relationship and dynamics with the outside world. 

Virgin Hearts
Expected April 21,  2022
Can an inexperienced cowboy wrangle the adult movie star of his dreams?

Hawthorne
I’ve lived in the same small town my entire life. And I like it, for the most part: being a rancher, taking care of my chickens, and even my meddlesome family. What I don’t like are the limited dating options. I’m gay, and at thirty-six-years-old, I’ve never been with a man.

When I enter a contest to win my favorite adult entertainer’s support for our town’s first Pride Parade, I never expect to win. And I definitely never expect to find myself in a friends-with-benefits relationship with the man.

The problem is, I quickly realize I want more. But could someone as confident, sexy, and independent as Silver ever consider building a life with a simple cowboy like me?

Mateo
My work is my life. Filming under the moniker Silver, I’m happy enough. I’m making good money, I’m free from my crummy past, I’m well on my way to the career I actually dream about, and I’m not looking for any complications.

Enter Hawthorne Moore, with his sweet-as-molasses drawl, that adorable gap-toothed smile, and the beautiful way in which he begs, and suddenly, I find myself getting in too deep. And that’s a problem, because I’ve spent years building up these walls around my heart, and I don’t know how to bust them down.

Can I work through my trauma and lasso myself a cowboy, or will I lose the only man who’s ever loved me?

Virgin Hearts is a friends-with-benefits-to-more romance that includes a flirty performer, risqué photo shoots amongst peeping bovine, an endearing cowboy whose cock (ahem, rooster) rises at dawn, dom/sub undertones, and one very HEA. It’s book 2 in the Plum Valley Cowboys series but can be read as a standalone

Unconventional Hearts
Expected May 19, 2022
Emmy Sanders
Website | Facebook | Reader GroupInstagram | Newsletter

MM romance author Emmy Sanders would describe herself as a lover of love. She's obsessed with both reading and writing romance and believes everyone deserves their happy ending. Queer herself, Emmy has a soft spot for LGBTQ+ fiction, but MM is where her heart lies.

Emmy's books combine sweet, steam, humor, and the occasional kink. And, as always, will leave you with one very happily ever after.

 

You May Also Like

0 comments