Release Review: Boyfriend Goals: Riley Hart

by - Monday, May 09, 2022

Boyfriend Goals
Riley Hart
Add to Goodreads

Milo

Unusual. Quirky. Different. I’ve heard it all. I’ve accepted I’m not for everyone. Maybe not anyone.

When I find out I inherited a bookstore and apartment on a small East Coast island, I jump at the chance for a new life.

Turns out, I’ve also inherited a sexy, tattooed guy who not only rents the space next to my store for his tattoo parlor but my apartment too.

Did I mention he’s really hot?

And surprisingly sweet?

Gideon

I wasn’t looking for a roommate, but it’s not like I can stay at Milo’s place while he’s banished to a hotel.

Our unlikely friendship is instant. According to Milo, we’re bestie goals.

And if he doesn’t wear pants at home, who am I to complain?

Milo’s not like anyone I’ve ever known. I like laughing and flirting with him. He’s adorably honest, eager, and sexier than he realizes.

Now I just have to figure out how to convince him that maybe it’s time for an upgrade from bestie to boyfriend goals.
Boyfriend Goals is just an utter delight. I absolutely adored these characters and the story has enough in it to be entertaining and unique, but it is sweet, sexy, heartwarming, and pretty low angst. 

Milo is an endearing neurodivergent character. He knows he has issues and he does his best to compensate for them, but at the same time, he’s willing to stretch his boundaries especially when he’s with someone he trusts. He is blunt, self-aware, and really strives to be independent. Moving to a new place is a huge leap and finding a new friend easily is uncharacteristic for him. He is just a breath of fresh air.

But Gideon is who just totally stole my heart because he’s this handsome, tatted, charming guy and he doesn’t look at Milo any differently than he would anyone else. He sees what an attractive, interesting, and great guy he is. He accepts his little quirks and he supports him when he needs it. And even though he wants to be protective, he understands that Milo doesn’t want to be treated with kid gloves. Just the pure adoration and acceptance that Gideon shows Milo touched my heart. 

These two are just so wonderful together. I enjoyed their banter, their chemistry, and their understanding and appreciation of each other.  I loved the way that Milo was able to try new things with Gabriel's support and trust and spread his wings and find more fulfillment. And by the same token, Gideon also has the opportunity to grow and embrace his own self-worth.  

I just felt that it was such a beautiful story of acceptance, trust, understanding, and unconditional love and respect. All of the side characters added some depth,  humor, and sometimes drama into the framework of the story. But I honestly don’t think I will forget Milo and Gideon very easily because they are total standouts. I stayed up way too late finishing this and I hated to say goodbye to them.

Riley Hart

Riley Hart is the girl who wears her heart on her sleeve. She's a hopeless romantic. A lover of sexy stories, passionate men, and writing about all the trouble they can get into together. If she's not writing, you'll probably find her reading.

Riley lives in California with her awesome family, who she is thankful for every day.


Riley also writes young adult and new adult under the name Nyrae Dawn. 

Nyrae Dawn:  Website | Facebook | Twitter | 

You May Also Like

0 comments