REVIEW: Fragile Sanctuary by Catherine Cowles

by - Monday, July 29, 2024

Anson and Rhodes are officially out in the world!! Their story is filled with so many of my favorite tropes and other goodies, including:

🩷brother's best friend
🩷ex-profiler
🩷hilarious grandma
🩷found family
🩷broken hero
🩷touch her and d!e
🩷belt scene
🩷grumpy x sunshine
🩷forced proximity
🩷age gap
🩷serial unal!ver
🩷hate to love
The scowl should’ve been my first clue to stay far away from Anson Hunt. The sexy smirk and the fact that he’s my brother’s best friend? Reasons two and three. Not to mention, he’s the new contractor working on my house.

He’s everything I’m not: grumpy, rude, and more than a little attached to his solitude. It doesn’t matter how many times I try to kill him with kindness; the man simply won’t crack.

Until he sees me shatter.

Because when my world comes crashing down around me, Anson is the one catching me as I fall. And as so-called accidents start plaguing every part of my life, it’s Anson who steps in to keep me safe.

As he does, I can’t help but feel a flicker of heat. And it only takes a single moment for that spark to ignite into flames, engulfing us both.

But Anson’s a man with secrets, and they have a price. When they’re revealed, neither of us will make it out unscathed
Grab your copy of Fragile Sanctuary today!
𝗣𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗣𝗮𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸: https://geni.us/FragileSanctuaryPB
𝗔𝗹𝘁 𝗣𝗮𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸: https://geni.us/FragileSanctuarySEPB
𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗱𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝘄/𝗕𝗼𝘁𝗵 𝗖𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀: https://geni.us/FragileSanctuaryHC

The Brother's Best Friend trope is my biggest crack. Add in a broody, damaged, dominant hero with huge trust issues, who falls to his knees only for his girl and a fractured, sassy but sweet as fuck spitfire of a heroine and I am a complete goner. Catherine nailed all of this with Fragile Sanctuary.Anson and Rhodes OWNED me. EVERYTHING about our duo was *chef's kiss.* The two of them together made for some combustible story time, in and out of the bedroom.

Speaking of Anson, lord have mercy, wait until you meet him. That man was all kinds of DELICIOUS. He's become my FAVORITE of Ms. Cowles heroes.

Although, I have a feeling Rye is going to give him a run for his money. And I seriously can't wait!! If the chemistry coming off the pages between him and Fallon are what we have to look forward to I need his book to get here STAT!

Anyway, I am loving the new town and set of siblings. Catherine Cowles books always feel like coming home when I pick one up. Fragile Sanctuary did not disappoint. I love her towns and families so much that I don't even mind the been there done that formula writing to them. Even knowing that, I 'm always highly anticipating the next one. :)
Writer of words. Drinker of Diet Cokes. Lover of all things cute and furry, especially her dog. Catherine has had her nose in a book since the time she could read and finally decided to write down some of her own stories. When she's not writing she can be found exploring her home state of Oregon, listening to true crime podcasts, or searching for her next book boyfriend. 

Connect with Catherine

Stay up to date with Catherine by joining her mail list:

You May Also Like

0 comments