Leave Me Breathless Cherrie Lynn

by - Friday, November 09, 2012

Add to Goodreads        Buy: Nook/Kindle


Leather and lace don't strike sparks. Or do they?

It's Valentine's Day, but Macy Rodgers isn't feeling the love. Aside from a torrid, one-night fling in a backseat a few months back, her love life has been sorely lacking, but fortunately she has devious friends who feel like playing Cupid. Wouldn't they be shocked to learn that the match they've made for her is the same one that steamed up the back of that '69 GTO...

Seth "Ghost" Warren has just returned to town after an extended absence. Between his grandmother's failing health, his job as a tattoo artist, his band's gigs, and a crazy ex that won't leave him alone, he's stretched thin. Cautious cowgirl Macy is the last thing he needs thrown into the mix.

She's all country, he's all heavy metal—and Macy knows that if anyone can propel her out of her rut, it's Seth. But when their worlds collide, it's anyone guess if they'll survive with their hearts intact.

Warning: Contains explicit sex, graphic language, road trips, troublemaking exes, emotional baggage, and an unconventional but exceptionally hot hero tatted and pierced for your pleasure...
Tammy's Rating:
5 out of 5 Stars

Tammy's Review:
After reading  Rock Me, by Cherrie Lynn, I did not think one of her books could get any better. It is not a secret that, I am totally in love with Brian. He is a tatted Tattoo Artist with a very special piercing that just makes you melt all over thinking about it. I totally have a thing for bad boys’ especially tatted alpha males, and did not think Cherrie would be able to top Brian. I really liked Ghost in Rock Me, but did not look past him being that obnoxious friend who will do anything for a laugh or be the center of attention.
It truly was fun having Brian and Candace back for this book.  I know they were meant   to be secondary characters but they filled the book just as much as Seth & Macy.  I always love when an author brings back characters and gives up snippets of their current relationship.  It is like visiting with old friends while getting comfy with new ones. 

In Leave Me Breathless, you will see a super sweet side of Ghost/Seth who is still that panty-dropping alpha male we all love to fantasize about. You get to see him at his most vulnerable times, and you get to feel the steam coming off him at his most pleasurable times; not to mention he too is a mouthwatering tatted bad boy with a special piercing..:D If you have not read this yet, then what the hell are you waiting for! You NEED this book!!

“He was part of a world so separate from her own it would be impossible to bridge the chasm between them. He was heavy metal. She was all country, all the time. He wouldn't belong at a rodeo, and she wouldn't belong at one of his wild concerts where they probably sacrificed live chickens or bit the heads off bats onstage."

I really love the different sides of Seth that the author showed us in his book. She also showed us that physical appearance is not always all someone is cracked up to be.   Seth was fun, he was sexy, and  boy oh boy did that man know how to give one hell of an orgasm, but he was also vulnerable,  you could feel the love he felt for his nana and his friends.  He was loyal, to his family, to his friends, and to his ex . Seth was not afraid to be who he was and did not insist you change who you were either.  He was who  he was.
Macy was another contradiction from Rock Me in that book she was so straight laced , very uptight. In this book, you also saw a deeper side to her. You learned her secrets and you watched her blossom under Seth’s hand in more ways than one.  She grew  as a person, growing up in her thoughts and her judgments.  I loved watching her fumble around a bit, as she gained her bearings on a new outlook of life.  She had quite the sassy side and was not afraid to show  it. During this story, she also grew up in her relationships with other people, especially Candace. They really found their way back together.  Mace was also a very loving and loyal person.  When she opened, up to Seth, she fell quickly and she fell hard. 

This brings me to the two of them together. Can we say off the charts chemistry?  Holy fricken batman was it steamy and HOT!!  There was not a page turned that you did not feel some form of chemistry from them and I am not just talking about the sexual kind.  Their love for each other, and their pain just poured off the page, leaving you as the reader breathless.  

Seth:"If I could give you anything, what would you ask me for?"
Macy: "I...don't..."
Seth: "You know. Look at me. What would you ask me for?"
Her beautiful eyes opened, her gaze meeting his directly. The words came, the ones he wanted to hear, and he knew they were true. "Your love."
Seth: "Hey, that's easy. Don't you know you already have it? So it's all good. Right?"
The little throaty sound of relief that escaped her as he spoke was the sexiest thing he'd ever heard. Her fingers clenched tighter around the back of his neck, and he dropped his forehead to hers. "I do love you, Macy. I love you." His lips captured hers. "I love you."
Macy: "I love you too."

My only slight disappointment with this book was the ending. For me it ended at a weird spot and kind of abruptly. It left me wanting more. Seriously, when I got to the end I had to hit the back button and the forward button as I was looking for more of the story.  Other than that, this book was fantastic. Definitely, a favorite for me and Seth has made it to my men to sigh over shelf!!
Kim's Rating:
5 out of 5 Stars

Kim's Review:
The title of this book is absolutely perfect!
This book did Leave me breathless!

I was excited to read Ghost and Macy's story after meeting them in Rock Me, but this exceeded all of my expectations! I actually could not put it down and stayed up til 1 am finishing it even though I have to get up at 5 am for work!

In Rock Me, Ghost came off as kind of an wise-cracking, obnoxious, bad boy without much depth. But in this book, we really get to see the real Seth/Ghost. He is still funny and cocky, but he is also a gentleman, vulnerable, magnetic, and sweet. He loves his Grandma, he worries he is not good enough, he has deep wounds from past relationships and has strong feelings. He is totally swoon worthy! Macy was also more one dimensional in Rock Me and appeared to be a straight laced, Stuck up, fearful, and judgmental girl. But here we see her wild side , her scars, and her insecurities too. Together they do not seem like they would work, but they had incredible chemistry, witty rapport, and really needed each other for balance. Of course there were communication issues, misunderstandings, hurt feelings, and separations, but it was a wonderful ride and I loved where it ended. And in between all of these feelings and sweetness, there were all of these intense, smoking hot scenes that almost burned up my kindle. I only wished we had an epilogue to see further into their future.

I enjoyed seeing more of Brian/Candace from Rock Me and Evan/Kelsey  from Unleashed. Candace actually annoyed me terribly in Rock Me and I liked her much more in this book as she has found her own voice and was supportive of Macy/Seth and Brian.

There were so many great quotes in this book, but here are some I marked.

Lately she'd often thought he was different than he'd seemed when she first met him-the wisecraking, don't-give-a-damn-about-anyone-or-anything tattoo artist-but it was distinctly possible he wasn't. At least when it came to her.

Seth: "C'mon Mace, you're beautiful, and you're accomplished, and any time a girl like you wants to hang out with a guy like me, you'd better believe I realize what a fucking idiot I'd be to pass that up."
Macy: "Maybe I don't want you to want me just because I'm...those things."


"Macy, queen of my universe, I beseechingly request you place your sweetest lips upon my manhood and make it your lollipop."

Seth: I'm going to fix this Macy. I don't care if we have to start all over again. I'll put the work in to rebuild it all...It's what I do, you know. I get rusted-out old heaps of junk back on the road, I turn scars into art. Maybe I get once-broken cowgirls back on the horse. I'll do the same for us, if you'll let me.

Seth:"And I won't ever do it again. Because as scared as I was of having someone like you-and I was pretty scared-I see now that I'm far more freaked out about not having you."

Seth: "I wish I could even describe to you how I felt that first night we were together. I can't because the only words going through my mind were holy fucking shit. That's it. Over and over. That you had even looked my way once, that you agreed to meet up, that you actually pulled the first move and didn't tease or stop me-my life could have ended that night. You are the best I've ever had. If all we do from now on is straight missionary sex at eight pm on Tuesday nights of months that start with J, you'll still be the best I've ever had."


and just because we need a little more sweet Brian:

Brian:" Sometimes I think I'm not going to make it another day without getting a ring on that girl's finger and changing her fucking last name from theirs to mine. I'm going to spend the rest of my life with her, and I want it to start yesterday."

You May Also Like

0 comments