Caught Up In Us: Lauren Blakely

by - Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Add to Goodreads        Buy: Nook/Kindle

Five years ago, Kat Harper fell into a dizzying summer romance with her brother’s best friend Bryan. It was a mad, crazy love full of kisses all through the night — but he broke her heart and she had to move on.

Five years later, Kat is finishing her graduate degree and building her business as a jewelry designer, when Bryan, head of his own successful company, walks back into her life. Bryan has been assigned to Kat as her new business mentor and the rules are clear. No hanky panky permitted. That works for both of them. Kat needs to grow her business to help her parents; Bryan needs to run a clean operation after his former business partner’s romantic scandal that rocked his firm.

Kat can handle that because she's totally over him... right? Except, he still makes her laugh. And he remembers all the things she likes. And he's more handsome now than he was then. Then there’s the spark between them — the simply undeniable chemistry.

Can they resist each other? Or are they willing to risk everything for a second chance at first love?

HE was my first favorite mistake. 



This book was just a delight! 

Kat and Bryan fell in love one Summer. But she was left heartbroken when he broke it off without a reason.

If I were a rock star, I'd have Taylor Swifted him and written one of those anthemic I don't love you anymore songs. Instead, I did the only thing I could do. I turned to my one talent and uttered a quiet screw you, Bryan Leighton with my jewelry.

Five years later, they end up thrust together when he is assigned to be her mentor in an MBA class. Bryan is just so sweet, sexy, protective, loving, and tries so hard to do what he thinks is right. He is such a good guy that you cannot help but like him. Even though you do not know why he dumped her back then. Kat is talented, strong, sensitive, determined, and making her own way in the business world. But she knows she will be in trouble having to spend time with Bryan again. He was her first love and all that she had ever wanted. 

I adored them together! They had such witty rapport, obviously were perfect for each other, had similar interests, a shared past, and hot chemistry. Oh my, those two can sure use phones to their advantage. But outside influences continued to plague them. I found myself just wanting them to find a way to be together and for it all to work out! It had enough issues to keep it interesting, but not too much angst that it stressed me out. 

"She's his Love, Actually. She's his Casablanca. She's the one he'd stop the bus for, the one he'd run through traffic for, the one he'd drive like a crazy man to the airport for and run through the terminal to stop the plane..."

It was the laughter, it was the movies, it was Paris, it was the hero holding a boom box in the rain...I had always wanted to believe you could have love like in the movies. I knew you could. It's not just Hollywood.

I loved the storyline, it was well written, had charming characters, and flowed easily. It was just a sweet, funny, enjoyable debut from Lauren Blakely and I am looking forward to the next novella in the series Pretending He's Mine about a character that was mentioned in briefly introduced in this book.

You May Also Like

0 comments