I Love You to Death Natalie Ward

by - Thursday, November 01, 2012

Add to Goodreads        Buy: Nook/Kindle

When Ash loses her boyfriend, she is consumed by grief, loneliness and an overwhelming sense of guilt for her role in not only his death, but the deaths of everyone she has ever loved. Refusing to let anyone in for fear of losing them too, she becomes withdrawn, spending her days reliving the nightmares from her past.

Until she meets Luke.

Initially scared by his intensity and interest in her, Ash tries to push him away. But as Luke slowly starts to chip away at the walls she’s built, Ash finds herself doing the one thing she swore she’d never do again — falling in love.

When the familiar feelings Ash had hoped were long buried with her past begin to resurface, she is forced to ask herself if falling in love again is really worth the risk


Tammy's Rating:
6 out of 5 Stars

Tammy's Review:
Holy hell this book is fricken intense! Make sure you have a box of tissues next to you. I promise you will need it. I don't even know where to begin. I actually had to ask my friend the pressing question before I even got half way through the book because she had already finished it. I had to know if Luke was going to die, and while she didn't tell me whether he does or not she did tell me there was some angst in the book.

 “...life is too short to live without the things you want, to not fight for the things you love...”

To be honest this freaked me as I do not do well with books like this. I usually read the books where you know the outcome, you know that there will be a HEA at the end. This was Natalie's debut book and let me just tell you she wrote this book to perfection. You felt ever single buildup, every single moment of pain, every single moment of love. There was not a minute this book went by that you weren't looking for a tissue and tearing up.

“...when you ran away from me tonight, that felt like dying to me...” 

Wow, the characters, Ash just blew me a way for a female character. I absolutely adored her. I connected with her and stayed that way through the whole book, and Luke, well Luke was perfection all on his own. His patience, and the care he took in building his relationship with Ash. The trust he built with her at a slow movement. It felt right, it felt perfect when they finally came together. Nothing was rushed, each moment building up to the ending that will make your heart skip a beat.

“He walked into my life and slowly, gently he showed me how to smile again, how to start living again. He gave me a reason to breathe again. Showed me that living was worth it and it was worth fighting for. That it was worth taking a risk and making the choices you wanted to make. That he was choosing me, fighting for me and he wanted me to fight for him, for us.”

You May Also Like

0 comments