Forever My Girl Heidi McLaughlin

by - Friday, December 28, 2012

Add to Goodreads        Buy: Nook/Kindle 

I was never supposed to be a rock star. I had my life all planned out for me. Play football in college. Go to the NFL. Marry my high school sweetheart and live happily ever after. I broke both our hearts that day when I told her I was leaving. I was young. I made the right decision for me, but the wrong decision for us. I’ve poured my soul into my music, but I’ve never forgotten her. Her smell, her smile. 
And now I’m going back. 
After ten years. 
I hope I can explain that after all this time. 
I still want her to be my forever girl.




Kim's Rating:
4 out of 5 Stars

Kim's Review:

I know she hates me. I hate me. I ruined her life. 

Never found one second to call and explain to her what I had done to us. She was my best friend and I let her slip through my fingers just to save myself from the heartache of hearing she didn't want me anymore. I had dreams too. And my dreams included her, but she would never have gone for it. I'm not living her American Dream. I'm living my own. My decision destroyed everything.

This is a sweet story about the one you left behind, second chances, life changing surprises, making your own choices, and following your heart.

Liam and Josie were high school sweethearts and planned to be together forever. They were inseparable from their friends Mason and Katelyn. But one decision and subsequent communication issues changed it all. He is now a rich and famous rock star, but empty. 

This is me coping with my mistakes and failures. I may be successful when I'm on stage, but at night I'm alone. And so freaking scared of dying alone.

Ten years later, he is going back home to Beaumont to bury his best friend, Mason. He has to come face to face with the girl he loved and left. And face Mason's death and be there for his friend's family.

You can feel the love between Liam and Josie even when they know they should keep their distance. They cannot just start again where they left off. But they cannot ignore their feelings either. Their gradual reconnection and slow merging of their lives was heartwarming.

I watched for you and once I saw you, I knew I was going to end up chasing my girl, waiting for you to run around and see...the real me and love me for who I am and not what I did to you. I'm standing in front of you, Josie.
You just have to turn around."
"I love you, JoJo. You're forever my girl." 

I loved how devoted Liam was and how patient he was. Josie was strong and loving, cautious but not completely closed off. I really liked Katelyn, the kids, and his band mates. I was smiling when I put the book down and enjoyed this debut novel. I am looking forward to book 2 and more from Katelyn and Harrison

You May Also Like

0 comments