My Misery Muse Brei Betzold

by - Sunday, December 09, 2012

Add to Goodreads        Buy: Nook/Kindle

First young love gets sidetracked by dreams that take them on two different journeys, but an unknown bond brings them back together again. Devi Porter an up-and-coming tattoo artist in Dallas is trying to live her life as best as possible, but never able to forget the love she had with Seth. Seth a bassist for the popular band My Misery Muse is struggling with his fellow band members with the lifestyle that he now lives. The band decides to go home to Dallas to work on their latest album as well as to work out their problems out from under the glare of the media. Seth and Devi meet up again and both realize they have a lot to work out between themselves as well. As they get reacquainted life and obstacles are thrown at them at every turn, are they able to overcome them to become the family neither really had?
Kim's Rating:
3.5 out of 5 Stars

Kim's Review:
I had been looking forward to this book ever since I saw the cover and blurb...
Hot Rock Star going home and running into the only girl he ever loved...

Tattoo Artist Devi was strong and independent and had been raising a 2 yo son with just the support of her brother andfriends. Seth had been off living the Rock Star Dream.

I have to admit when I started reading it, I thought maybe I was going to be disappointed. I liked the characters and the storyline, but at the beginning I was having a hard time getting emotionally invested. There were all of these scenarios for high drama, but the characters were handling them so well. There was no real tension or emotional anger for these situations that were supposed to be dramatic. The characters moved on way to easily. It just felt like it was missing something.

But then they just sort of snuck into my heart more and more. I loved Seth and Devi together,and they had great chemistry. The budding relationship with Seth and Jaks was very sweet and heartfelt. And Seth was trying so hard to find a place back in their lives. I guess I did not realize how much I was rooting for this couple and family, until it seemed like there would be no way to resolve their situation. So somewhere along the way I got emotionally invested. 

"No one, ever but you..."

There was definitely more drama towards the last half of the book, and I started turning pages faster trying to figure out how it would all work out. 

The secondary characters were just as important as the main ones and they were very well developed. I really liked her brother, Drake and their group of friends and how they had supported Devi, Jaks, and Seth along the way. They were funny and outlandish at times and you could not help but laugh at the things that came out of their mouths. 

The author nailed it at the end. I was really hoping this couple could find a resolution. I hated to see them hurting. It was full of emotion and the connection between the characters was filled with the right amount of tension. 

...this is what I wanted with Seth, I realized. I wanted the Seth I knew and loved, not Seth the bassist of My Misery Muse. I wanted the man behind what everyone else saw, the Seth that I had feelings for didn't come out very often away from Dallas.

"Look at this as a test, make it work, and prove to her you can be a father to Jaks, a husband to her, and the bassist of My Misery Muse...I don't know how you will do it, but I know you can."

I am looking forward to book 2 in this series Faith that I assume will be about Mags and Devi's brother, Drake. I at least hope so! I loved their fiery anti-relationship in this book.

You May Also Like

0 comments