Opal: Jennifer L. Armentrout

by - Thursday, January 10, 2013

Add to Goodreads        Buy: Nook/Kindle

No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.
Tammy's Rating:
5 out of 5 Stars

Tammy's Review: 

“You really shouldn’t trust a soul in this game. Not when everyone has something to gain or lose.” This quote pretty much says it all about this book.
Short and sweet review. Well maybe not so sweet because holy cliff hanger! I am sitting here with a BIG HUGE WTH?!!! Why, Jennifer, why? That cliff was just beyond cruel. My heart has been ripped out and begging to be put back safely and gently in it's proper space.

I loved Katy and Daemon in this book. I actually adored them together as an official couple. Opal was filled with a lot of filler information, preparing us for Origin. Although it lacked the action of the others I still really enjoyed it. Again Jennifer hit us with some twists and turns, brought back a couple characters from past books, and still managed to give us our Katy & Daemon at their best mixed with some lovey dovey. Also in this book you see more character interaction and development on an alien aspect. Everyone grows and gains more depth. Other than that huge monkey in the room this was book was a winner.

One of my favorite lines/scenes from this book was when Katy antagonized Ash. Daemon's response cracked me up.

“I keep smiling, giving Ash a little wink before turning around. Daemon stood there with two cups, one eyebrow arched.
"Bad little Kitten," he murmured.
Grinning, I stretch up and kissed him.”

You May Also Like

0 comments