Release Reviews: Code Name: Heist: Sawyer Bennett

by - Tuesday, January 07, 2020

Sawyer Bennett
Add to Goodreads
Buy Amazon | B&N | Apple | Kobo | Googleplay | Audible
Release Date January 7, 2020

I am a world-class thief. Or I was, before I got pinched and landed in prison. After I served my time, I decided to get on the right side of the law, or as much as my job at Jameson Force Security allows. The lines sometimes blur, which suits me just fine. My name might be Saint, but I’m a devil to most.

My plan to go legitimate is going as anticipated, until my past and present collide in a big way. While in Paris preparing to take down a ring of highly specialized thieves, I come face-to-face with my biggest threat—and my most dangerous temptation.

Sindaria “Sin” Westin was the love of my life, until her betrayal landed me behind bars. Now I’ve got to find a way to trust her again, at least long enough to pull off this job. When it becomes clear the price for this heist will be our lives, I realize I need to do whatever it takes to keep Sin safe, even if it means trading my life for hers. Because no matter the lies I’ve told myself, Sin’s greatest theft was the day she stole my heart.

Saint Bellinger is new to Jameson Security. With his former military service and career as an ex world class thief, he has some unique skills. And he is the perfect operative for a new mission. 

Sindaria Westin is an exert safe cracker and thief who is stuck with a crew she hates due to her circumstances. She also has a history with Saint that was both good and then very bad. 

The last person Saint wanted to run into was his former love that changed the whole course of his life. But they have no choice but to face their history head on. And now they have to rely on each other while working together. 

There are hidden agendas and motivations, secrets, suspense, and intrigue. As they are thrust back into this dangerous world, their chemistry sparks again and old feeling start to reemerge. But they are playing a dangerous game with opportunities for one or both of them to get into various kinds of trouble, including death. Can they really trust each other to act in the other's best interest?

This is a romantic suspense story set in a complex world of high-end heists. But it is also a second-chance love story about betrayal,  sacrifice, and forgiveness. Sin and Saint play off each other well, and their chemistry is strong. But it's hard for them to trust in such tricky situations and with so much on the line. The thievery techniques are quite clever and the heists themselves are tension inducing.

Even though this can be read as a stand-alone, I enjoyed more with other members of the team and their new significant others. I am really looking forward to getting more with Malik since his story was teased a bit, and I like that Bebe is a smart and skilled hacker and I think her story will be interesting. 
Saint Bellinger is starting over and going legit this time around. After serving time for a heist gone wrong and paying for his actions with more than just prison time, he is determined to do things right this time. Though he wants to do things above the law, a job comes through Jameson that requires his thievery skills and working behind the laws one more time. In the course of the job he runs into the woman he once loved, the woman who betrayed him, and if this last job is to be a success he is going to have to find a way to work with her again.

Sindaria “Sin” Westin is an expert lockpick, following in her father’s footsteps. She is tied to a crew she doesn’t like, but breaking with them isn’t worth the cost.

The backdrop of the heist kept tension high throughout this story. As Saint and Sin work together they have to rebuild trust that was lost before Saint went to prison. The secrets Sin has kept change the course of much of their story. But as they continue working this heist together, more secrets build, threatening the fragile peace they have found. I found their relationship to run just as high as the threats swirling around them. They are working together closely in high stress, leading them to set aside petty worries to focus on what matters most: how to pull off the job while keeping their lives.

This story is a little more disconnected from the rest of the Jameson Force group, because of the side of the law Saint is running on to complete this task and the geographic setting, but the bits of the team that do show up in the story are a nice thread to tie these two to the Pittsburgh group. There are some teasers for future stories for other team members that have me anticipating the continuation of the series.
 Jameson Force Security Series
Click on covers for more info on Author's website
Series on Goodreads



Upcoming books


Prequel novella for Kynan and Joslyn
(Does not need to be read to enjoy Code Name: Genesis)
Wicked Force


Since the release of her debut contemporary romance novel, Off Sides, in January 2013, Sawyer Bennett has released multiple books, many of which have appeared on the New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestseller lists.



A reformed trial lawyer from North Carolina, Sawyer uses real life experience to create relatable, sexy stories that appeal to a wide array of readers. From new adult to erotic contemporary romance, Sawyer writes something for just about everyone.



Sawyer likes her Bloody Marys strong, her martinis dirty, and her heroes a combination of the two. When not bringing fictional romance to life, Sawyer is a chauffeur, stylist, chef, maid, and personal assistant to a very active daughter, as well as full-time servant to her adorably naughty dogs. She believes in the good of others, and that a bad day can be cured with a great work-out, cake, or even better, both.



Sawyer also writes general and women’s fiction under the pen name S. Bennett and sweet romance under the name Juliette Poe.

You May Also Like

1 comments