Exquisite Ella Frank

by - Sunday, November 25, 2012

Add to Goodreads        Buy: Nook/Kindle

Her heart was guarded…


Tormented by self-imposed guilt, Dr. Lena O’Donnell has spent the last nine years in survival mode. Struggling through days that seem to blend together and battling her way through each horrifying night, she’s determined that this is what she deserves…


Until he tore down the walls…

Mason Langley’s life is going exactly the way he planned it, until her. A confirmed bachelor and the successful owner of the hottest restaurant to hit Chicago, he never expects to be blindsided by an angry woman in a pair of scrubs. No matter how hard he tries, he can’t seem to shake the doctor, and he finds himself liking the way she makes him feel.

Almost over night Lena finds her world turned upside down by Mason and the sexual desire they discover together. Slowly, she lowers her guard and invites him inside but when tragedy strikes she begins to believe that sometimes it’s better to be alone and safe than to love and lose…



Note: The cover has been updated. The previous cover looked like this. 




Oil and Water. Fire and Ice. Peaches and Cream. 

I was immediately sucked into this highly engaging book. I loved their sarcasm, their fire, their incredible verbal and physical foreplay. 


Mason...Hot! Womanizer. Charming. Restaurant Owner. Used to having women fall at his feet. But not afraid to take on a challenge if it is something he wants. 


WARNING: Smoking Hot chef. May be detrimental to women's panties.

Lena...Prickly. Guarded. Pediatrician. Controlled by guilt and sorrow. Fear of Intimacy. Pushes almost everyone away. But has a good heart when dealing with her ill pediatric patients. 


She had erected a nice, oh ten-foot tall wall, right around her heart to protect it, and it that meant she had to come off cool and detached then so be it.

Usually, he had no trouble in that department: women fell all over him and he didn't mind one bit. He loved women, always had. However, that woman had made his blood boil. That is until that one moment, right before she'd left, when she had smiled across the room at the little girl, and now it seemed as though he couldn't get her out of his head.

He was starting to remind himself of a boy in school with a crush who continually tugs on the girl's braids. He wanted to get a rise from her--or a smile--but he had a feeling a rise would be easier.


"You're so buttoned-up, professional. You make me want to unbutton things."


They practically combust in anger at their first meeting. And continue to fight and pick on each other for quite a while. I could not put it down. I had to see how they would zing each other next whether it be emotionally or physically. Their foreplay was hot and chemistry was explosive. Their relationship was really fun and sweet and emotional. 


"My Dad once told me that one day I'd meet someone who drives me so crazy I want to strangle her and yet never would because I can't bear for her to be gone. Well, that's when I'll know I've met a woman worht keeping."


"I find myself feeling things with you that I haven't ever felt before. I feel edgier, more intense. You make me want to strangle you and in the next minute throw you over my shoulder. I'm not usually like that. I'm always the easygoing guy and I don't know how that makes me feel."


He had the ability to make her want to smack him and yet laugh the whole time, and the one thing that really sucked her in was his ability to walk away when she needed him to but not stay away too long. 


"Stop flashing your damn dimples around like a weapon..."

Now the author made an unusual choice midway and moved the story ahead 6 months. But I totally understand why she did it. We needed to see that they were happy and comfy in their relationship before a big bomb goes off. Then you have to see if they can stand together or fall apart. Although seeing them struggle to come to terms with things was hard, it is what really happens in relationships. Life is not always easy. You can choose to fight each other or fight for each other. 


I really enjoyed this book, both the fun parts and the emotional parts and it really was ...absolutely exquisite.


I look forward to her outspoken friend Shelly's story in Entice and hopefully his wild sister Rachel's story in a future installment.


When I first opened this book and started to read I thought to myself what the heck is all the hype about. I just didn’t see it and it was taking me some time to get into Mase and Lena’s story, but holy hell it sure didn’t take me long to see what everyone was so excited about. Exquisite is a pure gem. HIGHLY recommend this read!

I had a love hate relationship with Lena. I liked a lot her as a damaged heroine. She was spunky and she could be sweet. Compassionate and had a love for kids. Tragedy hit 9 years ago and Lena has closed herself off from anything remotely resembling a personal connection except for Shelly. She was an amazing and funny best friend. These two together were a hoot!

“Just who did this snotty thing think she was? The Queen? The psycho standing in front of him wore sky blue scrubs and had a stethoscope draped around her neck.”

Lena had personal demons that stood 10 feet high that is until Mase came along. As much as she tried to resist him, she just could not. It was impossible as he brought her walls crumbling down.

“He paused leaning over to lay his lips on hers, “It’s time to feel again. Let me save you from yourself. You were drowning when I found you, but I’m not letting you go, not without a fight.”

Looking for a great funny hero who always has a swift comeback. Mason was loyal, he was persistent, and he was relentless. Knew exactly what he wanted even though he could not understand why and went after it. He was a ladies man. Charming, slept around no real attachments. He was so damn yummy, and hotter than hell in the bedroom!

“WARNING, smoking hot chef. May be detrimental to women’s panties.”

Their relationship was like fire and ice. Even though their first meeting started on the wrong foot, they both found themselves very attracted to the other. It seemed like each meeting during the first half of the book was a disaster waiting to happen, and then it got good and when it was good it was so damn easy to hang right along with them. Lena and Mase brought out the worst and the best in each other. Their relationship kept you flipping the pages; you never knew what the hell would come out of their mouths. It was explosive in and out of the bedroom. They were creative in both areas!

"I find myself feeling things with you that I haven't ever felt before. I feel edgier, more intense. You make me want to strangle you and in the next minute throw you over my shoulder. I'm not usually like that. I'm always the easygoing guy and I don't know how that makes me feel."
“He had the ability to make her want to smack him and yet laugh the whole time, and the one thing that really sucked her in was his ability to walk away when she needed him to but not stay away too long.”


Then the second half of the book Lena and Mase both mess up. It is understandable, and they both had their reasons. However, it was painful, and it was real. I asked my friend why did you not tell me I would end up in tears. I found I was more invested in them than I thought I was. This was where their relationship was tested, they either wanted it, or they didn’t. Either way they had demons to overcome throughout the book. The question is are they going to walk away or fight to keep each other?

“I know you’re angry with me, but I’ll be here when you’re ready.”
“I want to forgive you Lena. Every day I try. I just can’t right now.”

You May Also Like

0 comments