Come Away With Me Kristen Proby

by - Sunday, November 11, 2012

Add to Goodreads        Buy: Nook/Kindle

Warning: Contains profanity, explicit sex, and a super sexy couple!

Being confronted on the beach by a sexy stranger wasn't part of Natalie Conner's plans for a peaceful morning taking photos. And why on earth would he think she's taking pictures of him, anyway? Who is he? One thing’s for sure, he’s hot, and incredibly romantic, feeding Natalie’s wounded soul.

Luke Williams just wants the world to give him a break, so seeing yet another camera aimed at his face has him ready to pounce on the beauty behind the lens. When he finds out she has no idea who he is, he's intrigued and more than a little tempted by her. Natalie has a body made for sex, a sassy mouth and Luke can’t get enough of her, but he’s not ready to tell her who he really his.

Natalie is a no nonsense girl who doesn’t do well with lies and secrets. What will happen to this new relationship when she discovers what Luke’s hiding?
Tammy's Rating:
2 out of 5 Stars

Tammy's Review:
I was wicked excited when Come Away with Me released as the buildup to the book was phenomenal. It was getting 4/5 star ratings all over the board. Friends on my Goodreads absolutely loved this debut novel. Therefore, I bought my copy as soon as I saw the link was up and available. How could I not, come on the cover is hot and the sample about the book draws you right in.

Here comes the hard part. Yes, giving a not so good review is hard for me. Have you ever had that book that everyone loved, and for some reason you just are not getting into it. I have, and this book was one of those for me. I sat there the entire time wondering what in the hell I was missing. I just could not figure it out. I went back and read reviews, hoping to find the spark I was missing from this book. I wanted so much to enjoy this read as others did. I just could not connect with the story or the characters, well at least not until the last few chapters or so. The ending saved this story for me, it was here that I saw the potential this debut novel held for other readers.

A major turn off for me in this book was the over use of the words “baby” and “beautiful” . I found it really hard to get past those words to focus on the story. In addition, I have a really hard time reading a book that centers around sex as the main part of the book. I love sex in my stories do not get me wrong, but I prefer more story and plot than sex scenes every other page. I tend to lose interest in them really fast , that much sex makes me skip pages. I know lots of woman love books like this and truly, this is not a reflection on the author it is just a personal preference. For me, less is more. Even with all the sex, I did not feel any chemistry for the characters.

On too Luke, well I think this quote in the book describes him perfectly……

“I’ve fallen in love with a beautiful, sexy, sweet, jealous control freak.”

Seriously, this guy had mood swings worse than a chick pmsing. One sec he is all happy go lucky, at a drop of a hat he is pissed over something, and then within seconds he was right back to lovey dovey. I cannot handle moods like that. It makes it very hard to like a character and makes my own moods fluctuated way too much. I prefer a more stable ride and I thrive on drama. He was very controlling, Natalie could not even do her job without his damn temper tantrums. I get not wanting her to be with a single male, but dude it was her damn job. A job she was nervous to tell you about and it seemed she had every reason to be. Now do not get me wrong Luke also had a very sweet side, sometimes making him seem too good to be true.

I liked Natalie, she seemed like she had a good head on her shoulders, and stood up for herself when need be along with protecting Luke at the same time. She also suffered enough tragedy in life that she valued certain aspects of it. One of the things I loved about her was the quotes about life she had tatted on her body in different languages. Something she only shared with those she loved.

“ One Step at a Time.”

Now to the part that snagged this book for me. The last few chapters were great. This is where I got my character chemistry. My friend actually told me to skip everything in the middle and skip to the end. Although I was not fond of ¾ of the book, I am glad I did not skip it. I think it made me appreciate this part even more. There was build up, there was drama, and then there was a yummy epilogue!

“ No, I don’t want to start over because that would mean erasing everything we’ve had and honestly, aside from yesterday, the past few days have been really good.”

You May Also Like

0 comments