Saving Grace Christine Zolendz

by - Thursday, November 01, 2012

Add to Goodreads        Buy: Nook/Kindle

After spending over 2,000 years being a lost soul looking for the angel I was forbidden to fall in love with, I finally found him. Lucky for me he has taken up residence inside the hot body of NYC’s local bad boy, tattooed rock star, Shane Maxton. Turns out, not only is he absolutely perfect, so is the whole Grace Taylor life that I’m stuck in. The only problem is Gabriel. An archangel who wants me all to himself so he kind of kidnaps me. Now I have to find my way back and hope everything works out…









Tammy's Rating:
6 out of 5 Stars

Tammy's Review:
And the crack addiction is even stronger this go round. Saving Grace makes you want to spend all day cuddled up in bed on a cold rainy day and just read till you hit that last page.

This book pulled at every single emotion I have. It reminded me very much of Thoughtless, with a Kristen Ashley twist to the ending. The angst in this book kept me on my seat and my heart beating a triple beat. Had me screaming in my mind, what the hell are the two of you doing??!! Seriously can we not get this right. First book I wanted to smack Grace around, this book both Grace and Shane earned those slaps. I cried and I laughed when I wasn't silently cursing at them. There was so much angst I had to text my friend and warn her of the angst to come. This lasted the first 70% of the book I would say maybe 60% before it got good.

You seriously need to wade through all their crap and their drama, but hang in their because when you get to the good it is so damn good!

"The first kiss, the first time my lips were on yours...the hell...I wouldn't take one moment of it back..."

Their relationship was even more explosive in this book, especially after they started to talk. Through the first book and about 50% of this book there was no sexual encounters, which was fine because the book held it's own without it. Their emotions for each other were all over the place, dragging you along with them.  Since Grace ran so hard from Shane, it was so much fun watching her fall for him and lose her footing. She was caught, and it made for some intense reading.

"That damn man just ruined all other men for me. Once you tasted that man, he made all others go sour in your mouth. Ah crap, I was in love with him. - Grace”

You could still feel the intense sexual attraction through all the other emotions they showed you. All I have to say is that when those scenes were finally added, the sexual tension jumped off the page and exploded (see told ya they were explosive) all over the freaking place.

"Grace," he whispered as he slid his fingers over my swollen lips. "I want to be inside you so damn bad right now. But when I do that, I want to hear you scream my fucking name as you claw your nails down my back."

There was no doubt about the love that Shane and Grace felt for each other, well at least not to anyone who wasn't them. Although I don’t think loving each other was the problem, it was more like trusting each other that kept these two so far apart for so long. They fought against past and present obstacles.

“Then let me in, because I promise you, I will pick up every little broken piece of you, every single fucking piece, Grace, and for the rest of my fucking life, I will put you back together… I’ll make you whole again.“
This series has moved to one of my top favorites. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for future books from Christine..  :)

You May Also Like

0 comments