12 Favorite Reads of 2012: Day 9

by - Friday, December 28, 2012

Tara Sivec's Chocolate Lovers Series
We read these before we were really into reviewing so here are our random thoughts at the time. These books are so unique, so sarcastic, so snarky, and so freakin' hilarious! Words just cannot describe them. You just have to read them and you will find yourself laughing so hard that you cannot stop!
Add to Goodreads        Buy: Nook/Kindle

Tammy's thoughts:
If you're looking for LOL moments then this one definitely gives it to you. Claire is very straight forward and sometimes very crude in her description of things, but I promise you will laugh. I found I would just burst out loud at random moments from the things they said in this book. Many times I interrupted my hubby's tv show so I could share with him and read parts to him. One part I couldn't even get out because I was laughing so hard. Carter has a friend Drew who reminded me of Griffin from Thoughtless. If you read both books you would totally get it. I loved the sweet romance between Carter and Claire. Carter was really yummy in this sweet way. And lets talk about Gavin, any one who has been around children know that his antics are spot on. I have three boys and man I can tell you we have experienced a lot of that stuff. He had me chuckling and thinking poor mom. I would definitely suggest this as a must read.

Tammy's Rating:     Kim's Rating:
6 out of 5 Stars       5 out of 5 Stars

Add to Goodreads        Buy: Nook/Kindle

This sequel was even more hilarious than Seduction and Snacks and I did not think that was possible. I was literally laughing so hard that I was crying. I adore Carter even more and the whole cast of crazy characters could be on a sitcom. I love her writing style and her chapter titles are the best!

“I love both of you exactly the way you are. I love that you have no filter, and I adore that Gavin can make grown men cry. There is not one thing I would change about either of you, and if anyone doesn’t like it, they can kiss my ass. You guys are my life and my family now. Nothing else matters.”


Tammy's Rating:
     Kim's Rating:
4 out of 5 Stars       5 out of 5 Stars

Add to Goodreads        Buy: Nook/Kindle

Words Cannot describe what it is like to have exclusive access to the brains of Drew and Jenny
...especially sexually frustrated Drew and Jenny. It is unbelievably hilarious! 

So I will just tease you that this involves mace, vagina-penis monologues, bathroom baby bullets, self help incidents, vibrator races, Bearded clams, newlywed game, messed up song lyrics, a rainbow of fruit flavors, sex toys, spoop, pervy ghost, Mr. Naked Guy, killer cat, marriage boot camp, and even a zombie apocalypse. 

Drew is still Drew...funny, outspoken, clueless, crazy, obnoxious, but oh so much fun! His t-shirt collection alone never fails to make me giggle. Jenny is smart and a good mom, but has a very poor working knowledge of the American language so she is constantly mixing up words and terminology in funny ways. 

So it is an adventure with Drew and Jenny trying to find their spark and get on the same page. As funny as it is, it also shows how even good marriages have rough spots and they are worth working together to rekindle what brought you together in the first place. 

I loved getting to catch up with these fun friends and hope that the little teaser at the end does mean that perhaps in the future we may see a book about Gavin...These characters are just too much fun to give up!

Kim's full review of Troubles and Treats is here.

Kim's Rating:
4 out of 5 Stars    

You May Also Like

0 comments