Onyx: Jennifer L. Armentrout

by - Monday, January 07, 2013

Add to Goodreads        Buy: Nook/Kindle

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…
Tammy's Rating:
5 out of 5 Stars

Tammy's Review: 

“I could always give you a teaser. You bookish people love teasers, don't you?”

Um yes, Daemon, we bookish people live for the next tease.  It doesn’t become a great story if there isn’t a lot of teasing and buildup to what is coming next and I can assure you, I would absolutely love a teaser from you! To say I am addicted is putting it mildly. So please give us bookish people all the teasers you can cause I have a feeling after I finish your next story I will be hounding Jennifer’s social sites for a glimpse of you and that smart ass mouth of yours, not to mention those eyes!

“Daemon pressed his forehead against mine. “Oh, I still want to strangle you. But I'm insane. You're crazy. Maybe that's why. We just make crazy together.”

This was my exact thought as I read Onyx; these two made me want to scream. Katy more than Daemon. Why do chicks run, you know in the end of the book they are just going to give in and be all like, oh I loved you forever but.....?  Seriously!  Hate constant running. Well I don’t mind the chase, I live for angst. Although when it is too much angst and not enough happiness, it can become overwhelming.  Half the time I wanted to chuck my Nook against the wall and scream at her to get her crap together.  She just kept breaking Daemon’s heart over and over.  I know, I know she had her reasons. Don’t they always.? Ugh! Then when they finally wake up they realize that they made the hugest mistakes and those mistakes are irreversible. The consequences dire.  Katy girl while I love you I must admit I wanted to slap you a few times, like really hard.

Daemon had so much more depth in this book. He wasn’t always all about the snark and being a jerk face. You could see his feelings growing for Katy steadily. His gorgeous green eyes displayed his pain each time she decided  to run from him at every chance she got.  One thing that majorly irked me was her lack of trust in Daemon during this book.  If there is anything in this world, she should trust it should be Daemon no matter how he previously treated her. He has proven his self repeatedly, especially when he entrusted her with his and his family’s major secret.  I loved his jealousy, and his need to make her face the reality of them. Daemon has some of the best lines, and he portrays the perfect human boy. 

“Sure. Whatever. She’s all yours.”
Daemon grinned. “That she is.”
My hand was twitching to connect with his face. “I am not yours.” A small part of me wanted him to deny my words, though.
“Shush it,” he said, walking up to me.
“How about I shush it right up you—“
“Kitten, your language is so unladylike.”

Sad part, I live for this. It is what keeps me addicted to YA like it is a big ole piece of crack. I will yell and cuss out my Nook and their stupidity but I wouldn’t change it for the world, well maybe I would get to the happy stuff quicker.  I would NOT change an ounce of this story except for one detail. I understand it had a purpose, and I am hoping we find out the reason why in the next book because it truly made me sad.  Jennifer packed it all in there without overwhelming us. Once you thought you, had it figured out she threw in another twist.  If you haven’t caught  my drift from my last 2 reviews I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this series!! 

And just for kicks, I am adding this quote because I LOVED it, probably my favorite in this book!

“Oh holy alien babies everywhere!”

You May Also Like

0 comments