Beyond Control: Kit Rocha

by - Sunday, March 17, 2013

Add to Goodreads             Buy: Nook/Kindle

She refuses to be owned.

Alexa Parrino escaped a life of servitude and survived danger on the streets to become one of the most trusted, influential people in Sector Four, where the O’Kanes rule with a hedonistic but iron fist. Lex has been at the top for years, and there’s almost nothing she wouldn’t do for the gang…and for its leader. Lie, steal, kill—but she bows to no one, not even Dallas O’Kane.

He’ll settle for nothing less.

Dallas fought long and hard to carve a slice of order out of the chaos of the sectors. Dangers both large and small threaten his people, but it’s nothing he can’t handle. His liquor business is flourishing, and new opportunities fuel his ambition. Lex could help him expand his empire, something he wants almost as much as he wants her. And no one says no to the king of Sector Four.

Falling into bed is easy, but their sexual games are anything but casual. Attraction quickly turns to obsession, and their careful dance of heady dominance and sweet submission uncovers a need so deep, so strong, it could crush them both.




Wow, I loved Dallas and Lex even more than Jas and Noelle! They intrigued me in book one and I have been anxiously awaiting their story. I was a little nervous when I started because it moved a bit slow for me at first, but a couple chapters in I was hooked! I should of known to put my nerves aside because once again Kit Rocha did not come anywhere close to disappointing!

"I can't do this without you. I cannot be Dallas without Lex. If you can’t stay and be Lex, I'll be Declan and go. Anywhere you want, anywhere you can be happy. None of this is worth a damn if you're not here."


In Beyond Control Dallas is focused on gaining power over the other sectors, while having Lex submitting under his control. He is tired of the games they play and his ultimate goal is for her to wear his ink. Lex wants Dallas to see her as his equal; she refuses to be owned by anyone. Dallas being Dallas is pure alpha male, and Lex, well Lex is Lex and she isn't looking for anyone to control her, not even the man she loves. This causes tension between them as they try to navigate through miscommunication, power, jealousy and want vs. needs. I found their story to be a bit darker. It was filled with more intense emotions, both physical and mentally, as they both struggled with the control over power between them. Commitment and communication has always been hard for them, sex, however well that is the easy part. They communicate with perfection here. It's when they move outside the bedroom they falter and mess it all up, well I should say Dallas messes up.

Dallas, oh my gosh, this man is so damn sexy. I want one of him for my bedroom!! Damn he is enough to make anyone's panties melt away.  Dallas thought he had it all until things between him and his queen started heading south and he faced the chance of losing her forever. Lex was his world even if he couldn’t admit it to her. I loved how tough he had to be, he was king of sector four after all, except for when it came to Lex. That gorgeous hunk of a man would move heaven and earth for her. He was willing to give up his world to fit in to hers. Throughout the book he struggled with making their relationship move to the next level. We saw his temper, his vulnerability, his possessiveness, his jealousy (and watched him set this aside) his loyalty and his love for Lexi. HUGE fricken fan of his. Our bad boy rocked my world not only with his naughtiness, but also overall as a hero.


"I couldn't let you go. I knew I had to, and I couldn't. I'll be any man you want. A king or a beggar or a farmer or a killer. But I'll never be the man who can let you walk away.


I have been a HUGE fan of our heroine since book 1. She is so fierce and she is a kick ass and ask questions later kind of chick, with a mix of sass. Lex makes no apologies for whom she is and her relationship with Dallas is no exception. I loved watching her stand up to him, and she wasn't afraid to do what was needed when the moment came. However, underneath all that tough girl exterior was raw vulnerability. There aren't too many people in the world who make Lex vulnerable, Noelle and Dallas are the exception. She is so loyal and protective of the family she has built for herself. I really enjoyed seeing the softer side to her in this book.

Absolutely adore Dallas and Lex; those two are explosive in every sense of the word. Beyond Control was so fricken hot and erotic! Last book I gushed over the tattoo parlor scene, well this book rivaled that scene when Dallas was forced to let go of his jealousy and possessiveness to fulfill one of Lexie’s fantasies. Their chemistry is hotter than hell in and out bed. They are no less intense in their interactions with each; the only difference is their intensity focuses more on them coming together as a couple. These two have moved up to the top of my favorite couple’s shelf.

One of my favorite parts of this story was watching Noelle grow into her confidence. Her relationship with Lexi fascinated me, and I adored watching her turn fierce in her love and protection over Lex. She even stood up to Dallas on a few occasions. I was cheering our girl on. Noelle has come along way in finding herself. Jas and Lex have been perfect for our little kitten.

I also enjoyed that we not only got to visit with come old friends, but we also met new ones. I really liked seeing more of Six and Bren. For such a big brute, that man has one hell of a soft protective side for the girl he "rescued.” Like with Dallas and Lex, I can't wait for their story, although if I must be honest I am ready for Ace and Rachel to have their story too. I have a feeling we are going to have one hell of a love triangle there. Oh and Mad, he definitely needs a story. Wonder who he should be paired with. Can't wait to see whom his love interest turns out to be. Who am I kidding I want them ALL NOW!! I can't take the wait. I am so captivated by the "family" Kit Rocha has created. 


Thank you to NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this ARC for an honest opinion.

You May Also Like

0 comments