12 Favorite Reads of 2012: Day 8

by - Thursday, December 27, 2012

Day 8 brings us to Fall from Grace and Saving Grace series by Christine Zolendz! Shane and Grace were a hot mess! A train wreck waiting to happen. They were so addicting I couldn't put them down! I absolutely loved Christine's writing style.
Add to Goodreads        Buy: Nook/Kindle

Fall From Grace, had my emotions all over the place, most of the time I wanted to slap the living daylights out of Grace. At the same time, I completely got what it was like to be broken and trying to protect your heart. Still, I wanted to scream at Grace, can't you effing see it? I can see it plain as day, how come you can't?!! I hated that when Shane was good to her she was such a bitch to him. I can't think of any other word to call it. Even through all this I absolutely adored Grace! Holy cheese and rice (As my friend says),their relationship was so damn explosive!

“I want you to tell me why you have a pair of broken angel wings on your shoulder. I want you to tell me why you cut your wrists and I want to know why and how you play and sing the way you do, but most of all I want you to tell me what I need to do to be a good enough man for you.”



Tammy's Rating:
     Kim's Rating:
6 out of 5 Stars       5 out of 5 Stars
Add to Goodreads        Buy: Nook/Kindle

This book pulled at every single emotion I have. It reminded me very much of Thoughtless, with a Kristen Ashley twist to the ending. The angst in this book kept me on my seat and my heart beating a triple beat. Had me screaming in my mind, what the hell are the two of you doing??!! Seriously can we not get this right. First book I wanted to smack Grace around, this book both Grace and Shane earned those slaps. I cried and I laughed when I wasn't silently cursing at them. There was so much angst I had to text my friend and warn her of the angst to come. This lasted the first 70% of the book I would say maybe 60% before it got good.


“Then let me in, because I promise you, I will pick up every little broken piece of you, every single fucking piece, Grace, and for the rest of my fucking life, I will put you back together… I’ll make you whole again.“ 



Tammy's Rating:
     Kim's Rating:
6 out of 5 Stars       5 out of 5 Stars
Wow, I am at a loss for words right now. This series was like crack, no matter how much of a train wreck it was you couldn't put it down. There was no choice but to follow along and watch the two of them destroy each other over and over. You seriously need to wade through all their crap and their drama, but hang in their because when you get to the good it is so damn good! I loved that we had an alpha love story, with a bit of paranormal thrown in there. Christine executed this series with perfection. Her writing, the words and the emotions she dragged out of you kept you coming back for more. At this point Christine can be my big ole' drug dealer any day. 

 RATED 6 STARS

You May Also Like

0 comments